Zeus-cat's Avatar Senior Member
    Straight Into an Icy Hell - A Japanese Seaplane Campaign by Zeus-cat

This campaign requires a merged install of IL-2/Forgotten Battles and Pacific Fighters of version 4.04m or higher to play.

This campaign is a 14 mission sequel to my previous Rufe campaign "Straight Shot". It is not necessary to play Straight Shot before playing this campaign, but it is recommended.

With your success in the South Pacific, you are now in command of the seaplane chutai on the IJN Heavy Cruiser Hashimoto. You will be catapulted off the cruiser to undertake various missions including intercept, recon and attack in your A6M2-N seaplane (Allied designation Rufe). You have moved from the warm waters of the South Pacific to the frigid, barren wasteland of the Aleutians. You left Tokyo Bay three weeks ago and are now approaching your new base of operations with two freighters of vital equipment and supplies.

Up until now, the Aleutians has been a theater where tired men operate tired equipment that should have been stricken from the inventory years ago. With the arrival of the Hashimoto and the two freighters of supplies for Hikuru Base, the balance of power in this region will certainly shift in favor of the Emperor!

You have you orders - now do your duty!

-HH-Dubbo's Avatar Senior Member
    Now this one is brillaint folks. A Rufe in the snow. C'mon.

Seriously I tested it for the man and it really is the most unique campaign I have ever played.

Many thumbs up

Damn, I wish I had the other stuff required to play this one.

Treetop64's Avatar Senior Member
    Question:

I haven't played the campaign, but how did you manage to get an IJN heavy cruiser in the game?

joeap's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Treetop64:
    Question:

I haven't played the campaign, but how did you manage to get an IJN heavy cruiser in the game?
    Ummm substitution, I playd "Straight Shot" and it was a generic IJN BB (KGV) but well just doesn't matter the campaign was fun and very unusual looking forward to this.

Zeus-cat's Avatar Senior Member
    joeap is correct, the "heavy cruiser" is really the generic Japanese battleship. I called it a heavy cruiser as it didn't make sense to have a battleship sailing around all by itself.

And if you are a real stickler for accuracy, you can't really see the ship most of the time anyway as the visibilty is usually really, really bad.

I was convinced it was a heavy cruiser. In fact I still believe it. That's how good this campaign is.

Great show!... as usual!
    Thanks

Very nice! Thanks

Some screenies just to give you a feel....

Cold and bleak. Pretty damn different.