I really don't like the look of it on Ezio's back, and I don't use it at all, I use throwing knives instead.
    I bought it and I can't remove it :S

MagnifyHope's Avatar Senior Member
    You can't take it off.

Start a fight with a Brute (they can be found at the very south of the map on a high hill outside of story missions).
    Equip the crossbow and do not block, so that they can damage you.
    Make sure one of the brutes kills you with a heavy attack, so that when you die, the crossbow flies out of your hands.
    As the screen goes red and you DESYNCHRONISE, pause the game and change outfits.
    When you respawn, the crossbow will be gone (you can re-equip from a blacksmith whenever you like)

I'll try that, thanks.

shobhit7777777's Avatar Senior Member
    On a similar note...how do I unequip armor? I play on the PC version. I hate roaming around in heavy Pauldrons when I'm supposed to be a socially stealthy assassin.
    I just have the leather pauldrons from when Machiavelli forces you to buy them

You can't remove armour, but if you equip Altair's robes (purchased through UPlay) the armour & cape disappear but their effects remain.

You can get rid of your primary weapon by purchasing a heavy weapon (axe or two-handed sword) and throwing it away.

shobhit7777777's Avatar Senior Member
    You can't remove armour, but if you equip Altair's robes (purchased through UPlay) the armour & cape disappear but their effects remain.

You can get rid of your primary weapon by purchasing a heavy weapon (axe or two-handed sword) and throwing it away.
    Awww....

Anyway, thanks for the primary weapon tip though

If you don't have the armor of brutus replay the mission before getting your first pauldron and you will be without armor.If you unlocked tiber island before hand go through, a tunnel there and you will be able to free roam in rome after that with no armor.

I did this after beating the game I don't know if this will work before though.And the guilds wont be open so no gambling at the inn.

To get rid of armor, basically do what V-rex said. If you have the armor of Brutus, equip it. Then start the correct memory (I think it's sequence 2 memory 4). When you do go buy the paldrons from the blacksmith and exit the memory. It'll get rid of most of your armor but not all of it.

crash3's Avatar Senior Member
    as cool as the crossbow was i thought the lock-on aiming mechanism was way too easy. we need a better aiming system, maybe just have a simple white dot as your target marker then line it up to your target like on RDR