dgrayson's Avatar Senior Member
    I visited the Torsk in Baltimore last Saturday. AVGWarhawk and the rest of the Torsk volunteers were very warm and welcoming to me. Here are some photos I took.

My tour guide, AVGWarhawk

Some of the volunteers enjoying a well earned break.

A BIG THANK YOU to all the folks at the Torsk.

Dave

NICE pics!!!!
    i,ll post some also as i plan on going to see the USS Requin in Pittsburgh pretty soon.

Very cool pics, Dave. Looks like you had a great time. Wish I could have been there with you.

Originally posted by tambor198:
    Very cool pics, Dave. Looks like you had a great time. Wish I could have been there with you.
    Wish you could heve been there too Mr. T. She is a beautiful boat.

My coffee cup collection is growing.

Dave

Yooperbacker's Avatar Moderator
    Nice pictures Dave !!

I see you even got yourself a USS Torsk ball cap. That ball cap makes you look skinny.

Did this ship have it's deck weaponry removed, or simply none installed? I see no AA either.

captgeo's Avatar Senior Member
    Great pic's Dave, hope you enjoyed youre time with her...

Wow! Some day...

I notice that they have a Taylor soft-serve ice cream maker, the finest in the business. That's outstanding! That appears to be much smaller than the commercial units I've worked with. I used to be a certified wizard on those things.

Originally posted by RockinRobbins:
    Wow! Some day...

I notice that they have a Taylor soft-serve ice cream maker, the finest in the business. That's outstanding! That appears to be much smaller than the commercial units I've worked with. I used to be a certified wizard on those things.
    The ice cream machine on the Torsk is a replacement from the mid-fifties. You can see an original in this photo from the Batfish.

Dave

@Starforce3 the Torsk is a "Guppy" class which where highly modified Balao and Tench subs. They had much better battery capacity and a snorkel and they where streamlined this stuff took up space that was used by the magazine and they also carried less torpedos. They removed all guns from them they served into the late 60s.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►