I receive quite a lot of e-mail from people asking me when Black Cross/Red Star: Air War over the Eastern Front Vol. 3 will be published. I too started to wonder when I saw on Eagle Edition's website that the publication is postponed to August this year, so I phoned Judy Crandall (the publisher). Judy explained that the reason to this delay is that when she received the colour proofs from the printer, she was not satisfied and returned them to the printer and asked them to rework it.

Now that might be Eagle Editions in a nutshell: Maybe not always fast, but indeed very careful about quality! I think we can all expect a book of the highest printing quality from Eagle Editions when Black Cross/Red Star Vol. 3 is released. I was very impressed with what they did with the Graf & Grislawski book, but I can tell you that the printouts for Black Cross/Red Star Vol. 3 which they sent me really surpasses the G&G book in terms of layout etc. Hope people will like the contents too...

Apart from those, my 200,000-book on the Battle of Britain will be published in October this year. First in Swedish, and then probably in an English edition.

All the best,

Christer Bergström

http://www.bergstrombooks.elknet.pl/

I receive quite a lot of e-mail from people asking me when Black Cross/Red Star: Air War over the Eastern Front Vol. 3 will be published. I too started to wonder when I saw on Eagle Edition's website that the publication is postponed to August this year, so I phoned Judy Crandall (the publisher). Judy explained that the reason to this delay is that when she received the colour proofs from the printer, she was not satisfied and returned them to the printer and asked them to rework it.

Now that might be Eagle Editions in a nutshell: Maybe not always fast, but indeed very careful about quality! I think we can all expect a book of the highest printing quality from Eagle Editions when Black Cross/Red Star Vol. 3 is released. I was very impressed with what they did with the Graf & Grislawski book, but I can tell you that the printouts for Black Cross/Red Star Vol. 3 which they sent me really surpasses the G&G book in terms of layout etc. Hope people will like the contents too...

Apart from those, my 200,000-book on the Battle of Britain will be published in October this year. First in Swedish, and then probably in an English edition.

All the best,

Christer Bergström

http://www.bergstrombooks.elknet.pl/

Badsight-'s Avatar Senior Member
    in all honesty - this should be stickied

required ETO reading material

F19_Olli72's Avatar Senior Member
    That is good news Thanks!

And no sticky = a bump.

way cool i have two of your books all ready , and my book shop keeps saying a later date to me as i have pre order/ BOB 2 dont no if my bookstore will love me or hate me thanks for the post

I pre-ordered it via amazon a few month ago,I've re-read vols. 1 and 2 in the meantime, I just can't wait to get it.

A must read for anyone interested in the Eastern Front.

...for people with lots of money, I guess...

Black Cross/Red Star : Vol. 1, Operation Barbarossa 1941
    Christer Bergstrom, Andrey Mikhailov
    2 used and new from $450.00

Any news on a reprint of Vol.I?? Or has that idea fallen by the wayside?

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to reading both Voll III and Vol IV.

i have preordered Vol.3 since last year at amazon already .