You'll like this, not a lot, but you'll like it.
    http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...ire%20pass.wmv

Kuna15's Avatar Senior Member
    Nice.

They are a bit threatening that close up, but still beautiful (been almost that close myself!).

seen that before, that is a cool video. It also shows the true sound of that machine. Its ashame the sounds in IL2 have not really captured the power of these engines.

Talk about flying on the deck! I sure hope BoB has engine sounds like that. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but the sound of those engines always makes me smile.

Who said that Spitties aren't sexy? Look at the effect it had on that guy

It isn't as low as it looks. Apparantly its something to do with zoom lenses or something that has that effect. The spit is about 50 feet above him. Which is probably as well as i think if that was a normal lens and the spit was that low, the presentor would of had a VERY close encounter with a prop blade, maybe even worse. I think the pilot was either Ray Hanna or Steve Grey

EDIT: I think it maybe alot lower than 50 feet- you can see the ground effect on the grass, and that happens when the aircraft is about its wingspan's length off of the gorund. So what? 35 feet up?

Originally posted by Arm_slinger:
    EDIT: I think it maybe alot lower than 50 feet- you can see the ground effect on the grass, and that happens when the aircraft is about its wingspan's length off of the gorund. So what? 35 feet up?
    I agree, it looks like he was very close to the ground. Its probably just an illusion, but it looks almost like he pulled up just before passing over the camera,etc. However low he was he was very close to the ground.

Note* Check out the Spit's shadow.

Oh he deffinately pulled up, you can see he has the prop just above the ground.

I bet the camera man clenched a fair bit

Brilliant experience i bet

seen that vid before, i do anything to take that man's place even to be deaf for a few days form the engine. I'm guessing you guys are also right about it being a trick, at points of the clip it looks almost computerised but you wouldn't dare fly that beast that low to the ground incase you hit and air pocket and go pilling in, just think of the the plane