I cant find anything on it, can someone give me some info on it, and if possible, some screens?

I cant find anything on it, can someone give me some info on it, and if possible, some screens?

DarkOmen13's Avatar Member
    All i know is it's supposedly in the pacific and is a dos game.

That's all i know/heard

D.

And from what I remember as a kid it was pretty well too difficult for me to understand. I however once remember setting the realism low and traveling directly into Tokyo. That was about the naval equivalent to throwing a base ball at a bee hive.

I may have got the name mixed up, but my first game might have been Sub Battle of something and it was DOS and I had the choice of being American or German. It had just a shadow of your sub and the top of the surface and a ship might go past you. the destroyers will go back and forth above you. It was kind of complicated. but it had an awesome tactic I used.. once a ship was about to go above me, I would lay Mines and the destroyer would run over the mines above me and get destroyed.

I thought that the first game of this series was 'Silent Service' where you play as an American sub commander in the Pacific during WWII.

tuddley3's Avatar Banned
    Silent Service was an old 80's game for the Commodore 64

willyvic's Avatar Moderator
    And it took up way too much of my free time back then....

Then along came silent service II and I totally forgot what sunshine looked like for quite a while.

WV.

so no one has any pics? does someone know where I get some?

I managed to find some SH1 pictures here.

And these are some pictures of Silent Service (ZX Spectrum version!)