Brain32's Avatar Senior Member
    What is time overflow(console) and how to get rid of it?!? It occurs only when using perfect settings and it's followed with heavy sttutering...

I know this sounds like a topic for Community help section but last(first) time I asked this question nobody knew what it was, so it seemed reasnoble(If it's not, I apologize) to ask the Developers.

What is time overflow(console) and how to get rid of it?!? It occurs only when using perfect settings and it's followed with heavy sttutering...

I know this sounds like a topic for Community help section but last(first) time I asked this question nobody knew what it was, so it seemed reasnoble(If it's not, I apologize) to ask the Developers.

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Its caused when the computer can't calculate all of the things going on at 4x or 8x time compression or whatever. IT happens in all modes...it just may be that your computer isn't stressed enough in Excellent mode for it to happen.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">your computer isn't stressed enough in Excellent mode </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the nice way in telling someone his puter can't handle perfect!

Have Fun!

Willey's Avatar Senior Member
    I get it even at lowest settings, especially with respawn stutters...

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FoolTrottel:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">your computer isn't stressed enough in Excellent mode </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have Fun! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I am Canadian after all

But honestly...I get time overflow all the time when I enable time compression. Its normal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> quote:
    your computer isn't stressed enough in Excellent mode

Have Fun!
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite unusual, since I have Barton@200x11,512 DDR400, and GF6600@500/700 and it happens even when playing QMB 3vs3!!!
    However I can play a campaign mission with 20vs20(or more),ships,ground objects,flak etc. without problems(no timeowerflow) in excellent.
    When playing mentioned QMB(3vs3) in Perfect i get 30-50fps but then it happens: time owerflow followed with sttutering.
    I guess now you will se why am I confused.

Time overflow or stack overflow?

Time overflow means some informations cannot be retrieved or take too long to calculate. Rather a problem of the engine, than of the graphics system.

stack overflow happens when you play online, basically the same problem, AFAIK. There are informations taking too long to transfer or load into a variable, causing stutters.

It's been there since the original IL2 and I guess we have to wait until BoB to get rid of it.