The_Stealth_Owl's Avatar Banned
    It is amazing how many people fly nOOB planes.

3/4 of the people on SoF are flying the La-7 3B-20s, the other 1/4 are flying spit 25s.

And any time they geta chance, they will fly a Yak or Ta-152.

I am bi-plane guy.

I can shoot down P-51s, Do-335s, spits, Ki-84s, Yaks, and La-7s in my custom plane. (the one in my sig)

Anyways.

Why does everyone always want the best?

This is why I need your help.

If you like bi-planes and have 4.09m and know how to host a server, PM me.

I can't make a server becuase of my intrnet.

I think HL needs a Bi-Planes_409m server.

No more nOOB planes!

You guys with me?

If you are, PM me.

Thanks.

This is a historical game - there are no noob planes. The RAF in the battle of britain weren't 'noobs' for flying spitfires :P

I fly the Ta-153 or Do because I love those planes just as you like bi-planes. Doesn't make anyone less of a player for using aircraft which do most things well.

Wildnoob's Avatar Senior Member
    Owl, I will not enter in the subject of people choices, but like you, I also can't host a server due to my internet. Altough gonna move soon and have a decent conection.

My favorite early war scenario that features this kind of aircraft is the Kahalkhin Gol battle, fougth between Japan and USSR in 1939. The main belligerents planes are the Ki-27 and I-16, which are very nimble monoplanes and can really bring all the emotion of biplanes figths. But know you are asking for biplanes. Though there biplanes as well, like the I-15 (hope to see it flyable soon), I-53 and unfortenetely, despite it's limited service, the Ki-10 is not avaliable neighter as AI or flyable and likely never going to be.

I plan to host a server for Khalkhin Gol, but also enjoy a lot all other early war battles who involve biplanes like the Winter War.

Probably next week gonna finnish my move. I'll PM when get it done.

I think their are ways to limit the planeset so its only bi planes or early monoplanes.

Unfortunately alot of people on HL don't like early war scenarios. warclouds put out a early war server and no one played in it.

hopefully yours will be more succesful.

Are you going for a SOF type server? like a dogfights r us or airquake set up with a biplanes + early monoplanes

or for something more historical, say a period and place?

hopefully someone will help. I can't a) my system barely runs IL-2 b)one word: cox.

although if cox ****es me off too much I might switch when ze contract is up.

Hey wait, you fly on SOF, which has cockpit always on is not checked.

That's like the kettle calling the teapot black.

just joshing (kidding)

Everyone likes flying the "best" for a number of reasons:

something about an advantage.

Murphys law of combat, If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

Also people fly what they like to fly.

They do have ROF, I hear its pretty good once you get past the mega system specs and the several hang ups it gots. And its bi plane limited, so you won't suddenly find your spad being stalked by a P-47. But also its no IL-2 series . . .

But I'll jump in an play once someone helps you with that bi plane server.

No plane is noob or bad,all of them have their advantages and weaknesses.A skilled pilot can get a kill when flying any plane.

skarden's Avatar Senior Member
    Come on now stealth,doraemil "joshed" about it but I'll just say it,
    This post is the kettle calling the pot black.
    When you fly on a server which has no cockpit in the planes,An almost unlimited planeset and little arrows pointing to where ever the planes are all around you you can't even attempt to call the other ppl there "noobs" without looking a little silly.Its not even that its a "noob" server as you say but clearly its for ppl who like their simulation a little on the lite side and there for its gunna be more likely to have ppl who like to use the more powerfull types of plane no matter what the scenerio.

Come over to skies of valour or the new Spits v 109s mods server,there are some fantastic scenerios that I think you would love.On SOV thre's a map with just P-11's v stuka's! very very fun map to play,it certainly keeps it interesting.If I'm in there I'll def fly some wing with you,just ask.I fly under the name "Roy Focker VF-1S".I'm pretty sure you'll love the challenge of the more "realistic" servers,give it a try.

I not trying to sound harsh and I'm sorry if I do,I just think you've got to try and try out some new things before calling everyone who's doen't like your favorite planes a noob,ppl play this game for their on reasons and levels of enjoyment,pls accept that.

Originally posted by The_Stealth_Owl:
    It is amazing how many people fly nOOB planes.

3/4 of the people on SoF are flying the La-7 3B-20s, the other 1/4 are flying spit 25s.

And any time they geta chance, they will fly a Yak or Ta-152.

I am bi-plane guy.

I can shoot down P-51s, Do-335s, spits, Ki-84s, Yaks, and La-7s in my custom plane. (the one in my sig)

Why are are constantly coming in here telling everyone how good you are? That just isn't cool, man.
    I imagine you are shooting down these P-51s, Do-335s, spits, Ki-84s, Yaks, and La-7s with your biplane offline.
    I am sure you are doing this online as there are no servers I know of that pit these uber planes against any bipe.
    Why is it that someone would say how great their skills are...offline.
    when you do go online, are you on a "full switch" server? If not, it's OK. Everyone can choose to play Il2 the way they like, but if you are on a server with Wonderwoman view and a few other unrealistic things, how can you come in here and call anyone a noob.
    Online "Full Switch" (or close to it) is where the bragging right come into play, and even then, bragging is not so good.

I did this onlline.

Originally posted by The_Stealth_Owl:
    I did this onlline.
    On a full switch server? No way.
    Probably Wonderwoman view, and a number of other unrealistic things. Unlimited ammo?

lol. No wonder woman view. Limited ammo. On a normal server.

I did n't do it on the same server, I did it all on diffeent servers.