What I mean is, the Black Screen in 10X speed is a big show-stopper in PF/IL2. It completely removes the player from his mission and what he is meant to be doing.

The blak screen should only be used for Player-pilot deaths.

But I do know it is done to help the speed.
    Suggestion: Would it not be possible to have a simple Mission Map appear, showing the Player`s Waypoints and objectives? This could be done in a simple low resolution so as to allow the speed up to continue in the background.

The player-Pilot would be able to remind himself of the mission and still feel immersed in the simulation.

Please consider this option, I think the looong black screen is putting many (especially new PF pilots off).

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    make it pink?

good idea mate

I think the acceleration w/ Black Screen is meant for those who don't mind leaving it on autopilot on the way to the target area. Those who fly as true to life as possible, want to fly in real time anyway, so they won't even use the Black Screen. I don't see it being a problem.

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    I don't know why Oleg made "Time Skip," its the same thing as FB time acceleration, except with the Black Screen of sleep.

Just set FB time speed to 2x, 4x, or 8x and enable Autopilot, you can see what is happening, and you can slow down when you want.

....and Oleg, Patch Out this Time Skip

The main difference is that you can be jumped by enemy fighters at all times, but not on the 'black saver'.

I'm in for the idea of changing (the black) pic. Replacing it with mission objectives is good idea.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
    I don't know why Oleg made "Time Skip," its the same thing as FB time acceleration, except with the Black Screen of sleep.

Just set FB time speed to 2x, 4x, or 8x and enable Autopilot, you can see what is happening, and you can slow down when you want.

....and Oleg, Patch Out this Time Skip <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No need to take away something that is sometimes useful, but not always.

Play this mission to find out how fast time skip can actually be. It takes more than 5 hours normally, ~38 minutes with 8x acceleration, but less than 2 1/2 minutes with time skip on my computer.

With faster CPUs the feature will be even more useful in the future.