I am ver very tempted to preorder Pacific Battle from the UBI site BUT it seems to me I remember when Forgitten Battles first was released that there was a great deal of moaning & knashing of teeth ( & not the good kind either,) by those who had preordered theirs from UBI ( & Gamestop etc.)& still not gotten it a week after those of us who had skipped ( figuratively) down to our EBGames store & bought it there...Do I remember correctly - should I just be patient knowing to preorder is ( literally) a waste of time???

steve_v's Avatar Senior Member
    I pre-order at EB. Just once, for whatever reason, the sim did not arrive on the release date. They refunded my $5 and I bought at another store. Don't see how you could go wrong.

bird_brain's Avatar Senior Member
    I pre-ordered from EB. It cost $10 to have it shipped next day, but it should arrive here at my office at the same time as they get it at the EB store. I won't have to drive around and look for it so I will save at least $5 in gas!

I will let you know if it actually arrives on the due date.

-HH-Quazi's Avatar Senior Member
    Yea. If you are going to pre-order, do it at EB or the like, a place you can actually walk in to and pick it up. I wouldn't pre-order from anywhere I had to wait on them to mail it to me, for sure.

I never pre-order. I just go and get it, seems much faster then waiting for order to come in. Just like with AEP, i got it next day after release... while others waited another week. So, pick up that phone and start calling around once it`s out

bird_brain's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
    Just like with AEP, i got it next day after release... while others waited another week. So, pick up that phone and start calling around once it`s out <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Your the lucky one then.... with AEP, I called all over town the day after release and found 1 store with 1 copy. I drove 25 miles and they had sold it when I got there. I found another copy about 20 miles in the other direction a couple of days later. For some reason, the EB stores here only seem to get 1 or 2 copies at a time of a new release. Maybe there is not a big flightsim market here in Atlanta, GA.. All the stores had numerous copies about 2 weeks after it was released.

So far has been lucky mate... IL-2, FB, AEP... all next day

I have advocated AGAINST pre-ordering for years. Too many time I hear stories of getting games late or sometimes not at all without extensive b!tching.

This time, I pre-ordered at EB (which is where I usually purchase anyway) to guarantee myself a copy. I did this for 2 reasons. First, I felt compelled to show my support early. Second, I live in Daytona Beach where Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University calls home. All those wannabe pilots tend to scarf up every copy of every flight sim that hits the shelves.

Normally I don't mind, but when 1:C releases a title...it matters.

TB

Pre-order? what sort of doublespeak nonsense is that?

Sometimes I place my order in advance by a week or so at most, with retailers who have proved themselves reliable in the past.

El Turo's Avatar Senior Member
    My experience is that pre-ordering (or ordering in advance, if you prefer) is that it is an absolute useless practice. The stores have them usually at least a day before you receive it and you can walk in and buy one (after calling in advance and having them hold one at the register, right?) the same day everyone is going nuts on the forums about not receiving their super-duper-reserved-VIP-copy they bought six months ago.

I wouldn't bother, but then, I've got 3-4 computer game stores within about 15 minutes of my house that I can drive to the night it comes out.

*shrug*

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►