This is way off topic but I thought I would share. I spent alot of this weekend flying and today I looked back at how much time I didn't play with my boys! They are 7 and 5 and I was sitting here thinking- they are only young once. I met an older guy recently and I asked him if he could go back what is one thing he would do differently. He responded, "I would have spent more time with my kids". It is gone like the wind before you know it. Go fly with those little guys and gals. The simming can come after the moon starts to rise. I know this is way off topic but it amazes me how we can get so pulled away from the things that matter the most!!!

Yours,
    Todd

Well said, Joseph...well said!

I have three kids...two daughters and one son. My oldest goes off to college in another year...I remember watching her march off to her first day of Kindergarten like it was yesterday.

It's just like the song says: I don't remember growing older...when did they?

JG7_Rall's Avatar Banned
    *waits for boosher to show up (can't miss him) and start giving marital and child raising advice to other adults on the boards even tho he himself is a teenager*

This is a great post and a great reminder of the important things in life. I am 40 with a 7,5 and 3 yr old and I will not play until they are in bed and momma has givin me the go ahead that she is going to bed to sleep . I can not believe the time some put into this sim, not that it's bad, but every minute that passes is gone forever. I enjoy the friendships that I have built over the years with my squad and everyone else, but family will always come 1st.

S~

Better yet, let the kids come play too!

The most fun me and my son ever had was when we set up a Battlefield server and ventrilo (yeah, I guess not everyone has 3 comps to goof with) and just went at it! Had a blast!

Kuna15's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by joseph92371:
    This is way off topic but I thought I would share. I spent alot of this weekend flying and today I looked back at how much time I didn't play with my boys! They are 7 and 5 and I was sitting here thinking- they are only young once. I met an older guy recently and I asked him if he could go back what is one thing he would do differently. He responded, "I would have spent more time with my kids". It is gone like the wind before you know it. Go fly with those little guys and gals. The simming can come after the moon starts to rise. I know this is way off topic but it amazes me how we can get so pulled away from the things that matter the most!!!

Yours,
    Todd
    . Totally.

good point

One of the reasons I dont fly this game as much anymore. Also I admit I spend more time doing things with the wife, and fly fishing/tying

I have boys 10 and 4, plus a 3 year old girl.
    The boys play with me when possible and it's been a bonding tool of sorts. The older one likes Call of Duty better, so he usually plays that during 'computer time', but the little one either sits on my lap or an a little stool next to me when I'm actually playing. My girl likes Barbies better than the computer. Oh, well, can't win 'em all.

When we went to an airshow recently, I was amazed when my younger son started pointing out the different parts of the planes (propellers,tails, flaps, landing gear, etc.). Then he really blew me away when, while sitting in the cockpit of a UH-60, he told me how the stick worked! "Push makes you go down, pull makes you go up, this and this (left and right) makes you spin around, Daddy!"

Now I just need to find a joystick that's small enough for his hands!

Originally posted by johann63:
    good point

One of the reasons I dont fly this game as much anymore. Also I admit I spend more time doing things with the wife, and fly fishing/tying
    I hear that. I go out to a river once a week and throw some bugs out to see what I can catch. I am going again Wed afternoon.

I don't have any kids, so I'm gonna play with my wife instead.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►