Well it's been a while but I'm back into Il2... I have the latest version 1946. Where can I play online? I went through HyperLobby but there were only 2 people in there! I remember the days of dozens of folks playing online.

Is this just an old sim no one is playing anymore or is there some other server I don't know about.

Please help!

Lonely

Next time you start the Hyperlobby, leftclick onto "Players List" and select "Connect/Select Game". Pick "Forgotten Battles" instead of "IL-2 Sturmovik".

Welcome home!

Ok that was a big help!!!! Now I can't seem to play with anyone because I don't have the 4.08m patch installed. I downloaded it and installed it, but it didn't take! Am I missing something with the installation?

WTE_Galway's Avatar Senior Member
    What do you mean "it didnt take" ???

Explain what happened.

Figured it out... seems like I installed one called il2_1946_server408m. When I patched it, the splash screen kept showing v4.07m. Someone on HyperLobby was kind enough to point to a link with the right download.

DaddyAck's Avatar Member
    ok, glad to hear it is working for you. I was scratching my head there for a minute when you said there ws only 2 people online.