1. Is there any way out of a spin in a B25? Got into one the other day while trying to fly from the rear gun turret and shoot a Ta152 at the same time. I can't really multitask, so confused myself and ended up in a stall/spin.

Started at 10,000ft and soon stacked in. Must have developed into a flat spin with no lateral tangent almost immediately as I bailed then had my aircraft land on top of me.

2. Had my first death on Warclouds since the 1 deathkick the other day. Was very annoyed with myself.

Taxiing down a taxiway in a Heinkel, miles away from those buildings but no! The wingtip must have caught one as the plane slewed round and exploded. I blame the fact that the buildings are built 1/3rd scale and look like they're miles away when in fact they're right next to the taxiway....

Once you get those multi's in a spin there is not enough rudder to counter the inertia created by such mass(the engines) being located laterally so far away the center of gravity. Full rudder usually will not stop rotation once spin is fully developed. If it goes flat you likely won't have enough elevator to counter the rearward CG. Bailing out while there is still altitude to do so is the best option.

Best way to get out of a spin is not to get in one in the first place. Cliche? Perhaps. True? Certainly. How? Obey the God of Airspeed. No stall, no spin.

Next time, engage the autopilot before heading to a gunnery station.

Maybe we should petition for the inclusion of the B-47 and B-52 with the radar-aimed tail guns?

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Philipscdrw:
    Maybe we should petition for the inclusion of the B-47 and B-52 with the radar-aimed tail guns? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

if u flew b25's or any bomber, u realise u need human gunner

and no, we want lancaster with gun laying radar, and gryo sight... like the k14

and the b25 will stall easily, senistive controls

b25's will plod along below 350kph mostly, **** easy to pull it into a stall, just like a 190

1/3 scale houses? You don't mean the wooden ones with the heart cut out?

Have you tried using the engines in combination with rudders ?? setting 1 engine to 0% and the other to full power might help i think..
    but only if you have the altitude, of course.

It got me out of some hairy situations when i was flying 2 engined crates in my CFS2 days

73GIAP_Milan - cheers, I was just thinking that - I'm going to give it a go tonight. Asymmetric thrust modelling is a bit eccentric in this sim but you never know. Also I think any action has to be very quick as the recoverable portion of the spin in that crate is very short indeed.