What does the VAP weapon do? and what was it used for? As far as I can see it looks like an early form of napalm
    I would be grateful for any info on it.

What does the VAP weapon do? and what was it used for? As far as I can see it looks like an early form of napalm
    I would be grateful for any info on it.

Korolov's Avatar Senior Member
    Napalm from what I can tell. Useful on convoys, and can even take out heavy tanks.

I've just found a great site on all weapons in IL-2 and FB: www.mudmovers.com
    Go to the il-2 section and weapon guides- all questions answered.
    Thanks for the help

for yall that dont know mudmuvers....is also a sticky at top of page,....Unofficial community created game FAQ.....both are the same

U.S INFANTRY 1984-1991

LeadSpitter_'s Avatar Banned
    its strange 2 torpedos dont sink a destroyer in one hit or armor piercing cannon but the vap does in one direct hit

VIEW MY PAINTSCHEMES HERE

Korolov's Avatar Senior Member
    Because the VAP sinks in through every little part of the tank and lights it up. I'd imagine it would cook just about everything inside the tank; the 37mm and lower AT cannons just don't work if you aren't a good shot. Theres a reason they started using those big 75mm and 88mm guns on tanks.

I LOVE VAP...my favorite IL2 attack! The "coal ovens" limit your manuverability so best to RTB after you make your VAP drop...