badassapple's Avatar Banned
    Hey,
    one other thing that I noticed about assassins creed is that most of the players assassinations were fairly straight forward such as basic violent murder assassinations.
    Now, considering the human race's hisotry of murder, I am sure that if Ubisoft did some home work, they would discover several more ways that assassins past and present used to assassinate their victims, often undetected and sometime without even being present.
    Although, I have to point out at this point that including a large aray of assassination techniques may very well increase the amount of deaths that happen in reality, as such ideas may very well be copied by those who do not have a stable moral compass or who are mentally unstable.
    Nonetheless,
    here are some suggestions.
    "accidents"
    the best assassins kill without detection, ideally by not being at the scene of the crime at the time that it happens.
    accidents include,
    horse and cart accident
    work accident (crushed to death by heavy materials, incidentally my great grand father died in this manner),
    work materials or equipment malfunction
    trampled to death by animals
    killed by wild animals
    Drowning.
    Falling off cliff or high building.
    also. a more suble form of murder which happened during this time is to make a man bankrupt or to ruin him by taking away his lively hood.
    Only during the last century has society looked after the poor, unemployed and sick.
    Athough, some religions have catered for the poor within their laws. I.E. Leviticus.
    Other ways that people murder.
    Arson
    suffocation due to lack of oxygen (see alchemist).
    death by food (over time) cholestral

anyway, some more ideas, many of which you probably already know or may have even incorportated into your game.
    Lastly, i would like to emphasise that you need to enforce the moral ethic during your games,
    as its great fun to murder in games,
    however, there is a big difference between playing a game and doing it for real, especially when people start murdering people for fun or for petty reasons.
    assassinations should be considered a very serious matter and assassins should have a strict moral code that guides them as to who they should assassinate.
    Otherwise you could be teaching more impresionable people to take such matters into their own hands and without any moral guidance.
    not sure if society needs any more murderers, especially ones that have got drug enduced psychosis.

Some more ways:
    Traps.
    Dating back to even prehistoric man, a method that is still used to day by some even in its most simplest form, although can also be adapted to most environments.
    The trap. - from simple hole in the ground with sharpened spiked tree trunks, to more sophisticated man traps made from iron which are used to maim their victim.
    Perhaps also trip wire triggered traps that are wired to nets to catch or even sharp bladed weapons or perhaps even explosives / guns / cannons.
    Sabotage:
    Another classic simple method that perhaps is less detectable than many. In some circumstances can be caused while victim isn't present which reduces the possibility of being detected and caught.
    A classic one here is to devise a way to sink a boat, perhaps by creating a hole in the bottom of the boat and filling it with some form of temporary filling that has only limited use, thus sinking the boat when used for long voyage.
    If I were the developers, I would do extensive research into the history of assassin/murder including the various methods used.
    I am sure that even some present day murders may also be adaptable.

Drug addiction.

Another way to ruin a persons life and to take them out indirectly is to get them addicted to drugs. (although, in real life I am against this strategy).

Doing so, may not kill them directly, however, indirectly many drugs do and at the very least will lead the opposing individual to a delusional world where he / she can be distracted from the real agenda by the entertainment that such substances offer.

Even better (worse), the assassin may even make money from the victim by dealing his victim drugs, keeping his victim stooped in his drug enduced delusional world. And worse still, the victim will actually thank the assassin or even worship the assassin for dealing his death deal.

While the assassins victims are entertaining themselves in their drug enduced world,
    he can then take over the world and capitalize out of his drug free position.

uhhh.... what the hell?

Murcuseo's Avatar Senior Member
    Hopefully this chap will get banned soon, I'm getting tired of his self indulgent posts.

Anyone that triple posts at the start of their own thread deserves a virtual slap in the face.

Originally posted by Robson19822009:
    Hopefully this chap will get banned soon, I'm getting tired of his self indulgent posts.

Anyone that triple posts at the start of their own thread deserves a virtual slap in the face.

itd be one thing if he wasn'tposting utter nonsense, but alas, it is.

I also recommend that you study serial killers and other devious individuals.
    Not to mention conspiracies that relate to numerous secret societies.

Not all serial killers were completely brutish.
    Some used Sympathy ploys such as faking illness in order to play on their victims compassion with the aim of trapping them. Example. Ted Bundy.

As for secret societies and governmental agencies, the may be several interesting theories or techniques that may be incorporated in in order to add more interest to the game.

How about secret service methods.

As well as murder.
    How about a bit of good old fashion abduction and maybe a little torture (to extract information or for fun!).

This may add a little bit more variety to the sandbox.

There also could be traps set up in the assassins world that the assassin can be trapped in.

How about opposing assassins?

The Set Up.

How about using "Set ups" to murder.
    These are often employed in real world of criminals who set their victims up as rapists/grasses/pedo's etc.

Even if their victim does nothing to that nature, once they are labeled as any of the above, their reputation is ruined.
    This slanderous technique also has the potential to murder as the victim often takes his own life, or is often attacked by one of the "honorable" criminals, who attacks the victim on the grounds that he is a rapist/grass/pedo.

If people use this technique is used against you, you have to be very strong and tough in order to survive.

Perhaps, you could even have opposing assassins using this technique of slander against you in the game, and you will have to change your identity to survive.

This is becoming a general trend in which he's just trying to suggest things that would otherwise imply that Ubisoft doesn't know what they're doing, because he's apparently got some grudge against them for realism and/or 'slandering' his bloodline in some way.

In doing so, he has insulted various members on this board, the Ubisoft staff (claiming they're making this game as a propaganda tool at the pay of some group), and just generally discussed bizarre and irrelevant things. (Who wants to play Ezio getting one of his targets addicted to drugs? Really? -Really?-)

The man needs to chill and realize that he's playing a game. For entertainment purposes. With no applications to reality beyond fictious ones imagined by a multi-cultural, diverse programming team. You know...like the disclaimer -says-.

In short, TL;DR version: What.

sounds like a budding serial killer?

Hey badassapple, do you like huey lewis and the news? Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humor.