NeonXXV's Avatar Banned
    The team couldn't make it in time, as stated in an article on Kotaku.

http://kotaku.com/5431098/a-20...g-assassins-creed-ii

There was a stress, though, in the middle portion of the year. That's when it was clear that some planned parts of the game would have to be cut. In order to meet a November release date, they'd have to go. One thing removed was the ability to replay any mission in the game. The team didn't think they could test it successfully ("Eventually maybe we'll come out with some way to do it somehow," Desilets noted).

The other cut, the one many Assassin's Creed II players have figured out by now, was content for which development would be backburnered and later re-prioritized and issued as the game's forthcoming January and February downloadable content. These would be the game's marked but missing 12th and 13th chapters, more or less. "I felt that, 'Okay, there were too many things to do and to finish.' So we said, 'Ok, let's take a portion of the game that was planned and we'll give it in DLC.' We'll remove some stress to the team while giving more to fans and people who like Assassin's Creed." Desilets liked the idea of giving the game added life and content beyond its initial release, saying it's something that he regrets not offering for Assassin's Creed — "I feel like we left people alone afterwards." —and given how big the game was and how it had gotten bigger during development, he didn't think most players would feel shortchanged. "I think we gave them so much content that they cannot say that we owe them, that we didn't give them a lot for their 60 bucks."

Seems like we may get replaying missions as DLC, which is a good thing.

ya that will be nice.

Im confused, 12th and 13th chapters? They are going to extend the game through a download?

I agree, i got my 60 bucks worth .
    But you always like to see a game go longer and have more content.

I don't disagree that we didn't get our money's worth with ACII but the comments made give me a bad aftertaste.
    Sure DLC is nice and "should" provide additional game play etc but intentionally leaving it out long before the release date ("so we can provide DLC") I find questionable to say the least.
    In the end the customer has paid 60 dollars (or 60 euro's which equals around 85 dollars) for an unfinished product.

Ohhhh!
    That explains so much.

I suppose I'm glad the devs decided to hold back the sequences. I wouldn't have wanted AC2 delayed or rushed.

I bet the missing sequences will be added into the pc version for release, and hopefully the mission replaying as well.

Btw nice find Neon

Originally posted by sugarbear0417:
    60 dollars (or 60 euro's which equals around 85 dollars)
    games cost around 45 euro, in Ireland at least

Originally posted by sugarbear0417:
    I don't disagree that we didn't get our money's worth with ACII but the comments made give me a bad aftertaste.
    Sure DLC is nice and "should" provide additional game play etc but intentionally leaving it out long before the release date ("so we can provide DLC") I find questionable to say the least.
    In the end the customer has paid 60 dollars (or 60 euro's which equals around 85 dollars) for an unfinished product.
    you misunderstood what Patrice said, he didn't remove them just to have DLC, he removed them due to not being able to finish them in time, would you rather they still be included but incomplete or buggy?

i have no problem with what they have done personally as it hasn't hurt the games story, and isn't essential to getting 100% in the game

So i take it that the new information that will e able to be downloaded will include the southern part of Florence and is unattainable?

It seems to me that Ubi release those contents as DLC in order to milk money from fans.

Originally posted by POPersiaT2T:
    It seems to me that Ubi release those contents as DLC in order to milk money from fans.

Either way it is our choice as to whether we want to be ''milked'' (the same applys to complaints regarding the extra content in the limited edition versions), particularly as the game remains great in absense of sequence 12 and 13 anyway. I for one will be getting my dirteh great udders (well they're actually fairly small tbh) out in january.