When or if u port AC2 to the PC, please refrain from making the user make 7 or so menu choices just to exit the game. I mean honestly, why should anyone need to load a profile in order to exit when it's already been established that that is in fact what you wish to do. For some crazy reason, that's what I have to do to exit AC1. A lot of Ubi titles are similar to that as well. It seems any game with a "profile", but AC1 made huge steps in user inconvenience.

It's been a trend in games that I really despise. A simple quit to "main menu" and "exit to windows" is quite sufficient. Even "load profile" could be helpful. I actually remember "exit to dos" so save your breath on trying to get me to purchase an Xbox or PS3. I haven't owned a system since the Sega CD & my roommate in the army owned an N64 so we had all the bases covered.

Trailer looks stellar. Hope the actual gameplay looks like that.

there was always alt + F4 the one step way to quit any program.

Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
    there was always alt + F4 the one step way to quit any program.
    Never seemed to work for me, many games disable that along with alt+tab. I just re-installed AC1, so I'll find the latest patch & then reply with more up to date data, but V1.02 disallowed alt+f4.

Nice try though.

{edit) I was talking out of my *** on this post as far as alt+F4 (/edit)

mynameismyself's Avatar Banned
    1.02 didn't disallow ALT+F4, works perfectly for me.

I agree with you pmulrean, I hope they adjust the menu for the PC version.

ALT+F4 shouldn't be necessary, and I doubt an "Exit to Windows"-button would be hard to add.

alt + F4 does work for the game no matter what version, if you are loosing the alt + F4 function it is morlikly something to do with some other software on your PC.

Yes I just tried Alt+F4 & it works fine, it just seems rediculous to me as I only ever NEED to use that on Japanese games. It just never crossed my mind to do it on a western game. Thank you for the nudge to sanity, but I must say that it's rather lame.

For the record, many games disallow the window key, alt+tab ctrl+c. Ctrl+alt+delete always works unless you're hung. and YES, alt+F4 does not work in all games. which is probably why I didn't bother trying it in the first place.

That problem arose in AC 1 because it was developed for consoles (console menus and the like), and when it was ported to PC changing those things was likely not considered. On a console if you want to stop playing you just turn the console off, or eject the disc. There's no need for an 'exit' button. So when the PC port rolls around there isn't a proper exit button.

However, AC2 isn't being ported to the PC, it's being developed on all the platforms concurrently. So, hopefully, the PC interface should be better.