Skycat_2's Avatar Senior Member
    I ripped off some of the voices from Jane's WWII Fighters and put them in FB/PF. Get it here. One thing I do like is now the altitude gets called out in 'angels' so if you don't use speedbar or subtitles you may appreciate hearing an approximate altitude in feet instead of the default meters.

This pack only replaces the voice of the flight leader character and some of the bomber pilot voice samples; it is not a complete speechpack. Content-wise, some workarounds were required and not every FB/PF phrase received a WWIIF equivalent. On the positive side there is now more vocal variety in the pilot chatter.

I did this for my own amusement a few weeks ago and it occurred to me only tonight that maybe others might enjoy trying this mod out.

Treetop64's Avatar Senior Member
    Well, is that annoying brat of a flight leader deleted? Someone else posted on that earlier: "WHAT THE HELL!! Stay with your leader!"

If that guy got deep-sixed, then I'm interested!

Is there any way to copy the music files too? I just love the music in Janes...much better than the marching song!

Ty getting them as of now.

The "What the Hell ..." bit is replaced with something like "You're not with your formation." Either way, you can delete the .wav files of the leader scolding you and it won't affect the game. It's not like there needs to be a .wav file available for every bit of speech. You'll just hear radio silence in place of the leader's voice.

The WWII Fighters music would be easy to convert also, I think, to use during missions and when opening a USA campaign. I don't think that players can change the music that plays as the background during the FB/PF main menu though. I'd have to investigate further to give you an answer I'm confident in.

Great stuff. can we get some Brit and even Russian-accented English version from COd or some such?

BaldieJr's Avatar Senior Member
    Please login to download this file.

Please bite me.

CombatAce.com is building up a nice collection of campaigns and skins so there are benefits for joining. Registering only takes a few seconds and costs nothing; I've yet to get any spam in my mailbox as a result which is more than I can say for some other established FS oriented websites.

It'll be nice to get rid of Ritchie Cunningham, Potsie and Ralph Malph once and for all.

A few other suggestions for much needed removal would be the hysterical Germans and their Sargeant Schultz grond controller.

I downloaded and tried it out. The voice pack
    is good. I also removed the height and vecter
    files from actor1. So when the flight leader
    makes his announcements you her "Fly 090"
    "Angles 2" without the heading and altittude
    remarks. Thanks for this voice very nice.