JuanT's Avatar Junior Member
    The Spanish IL2 community would like to help to make IL2 FB an even more complete game. Five squadrons of Spanish fighters (serving in rotation) were sent to Russia to fight on the German side from October 1941 to March 1944, serving in the Center sector. The Spanish contribution was not insignificant. During Barbarossa, the Luftwaffe had 18 fighter Staffels in the center sector, plus the Spanish one. Early in 1943, in the whole of Russia the Luftwaffe had 30 fighter Staffel plus the Spanish one. The Spanish squadrons fought in the battles of Moscow, Rzhev, Orel and Dnieper amongst others. They shot down 160 enemy planes and lost 19 pilots. Thus the Spanish contribution was similar to the Slovak one, which is included in the game, and in the interest of historic accuracy, a Spanish side should also be included.
    Another reason is the response that IL2 and lately PF have found in Spain, where many squadrons are active as a visit to HL can show. The inclusion of a Spanish side would increase this enthusiasm and open the way for future expansions of the game covering the Spanish Civil war with two spanish sides, a red and a blue.
    Perhaps the easiest solution for now is to include Spain as a blue nation, with either one squadron (escuadrilla azul), or two (15 Staffel JG27 and 15 Staffel JG51), or five (escuadrillas azules 1ª to 5ª). Their skins and markings are the existing Luftwaffe ones, regimental symbols are already present in IL2 FB or in IL2 Manager. Spanish ranks and medals are already available at http://www.il2mania.com/index.php?op...y&filecatid=78. Dgen files and speech subtitles have been translated (http://www.il2mania.com/index.php?op...y&filecatid=33) and a speech pack is in progress.
    This idea is supported by Spanish virtual squadrons that fly either as red or blue, such as III JG 52, SG1, Eskadrilya Serafimov, E69, 3a escuadrilla etc.
    Just tell us what else is needed.

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    I had totally Forgotten about Tuckie~JG52's Spanish project (now Target Spain) until I saw him/her recently at the TargetWare forum.

Target Spain?
    ~ http://www.targetware.net/modules.ph...iewtopic&t=196

Thread starts 2003, but moves quickly to January 2005 and beyond...

Tuckie:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Because of our self-date imposed, we have to work hard if we want to have Target Spain ready for the official conference in June. Another important reason for that date is the fact that our still alive veterans are 90-95 years old. Every month there are 10 less SCW pilots, so we have to finish at least the planes they flew before nobody can test them and say "Yes" or "No" at the question if the planes fly well or not. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Ya, if Oleg wants to do Spanish Civil WAR (and he does!!!), he better start Now!

Tuckie:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I think that here in Spain somecting has changed and people is now ready to be interested in SCW. It's almost a fashion here! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    Tuckie:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>3. Last month we could interview real SCW pilots, one of them was an SB-2 Katiuska pilot and the other was a I-15 Chato pilot, exactly the same that flew the Chato numbered as Ca-125, the one that Fuertes modelled and painted its skin. It was impressive, me and Fuertes interviewed the man and he corrected Fuerte's skin over a printed screenshot! amazing!

Both pilots told us things that were so incredible... the Katiuska one survived a both-engine cutout during takeoff, forcing him to belly land the bomber, of course it was full of fuel and bombs...

The I-15 one told us how did their squadron broke the Bf-109 myth, simply forcing them tho head-on passes, that the Messerschmitt did not accepted! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both of my grand parents on my mother side were executed in the spanish war by the comunists.
    I'll be glad to have some spanish squadrons.

JuanT's Avatar Junior Member
    Thanks. The important thing is the Spanish IL2 community is large, active and enthusiastic about having Spain in the game. Eveyone I have spoken to is ready to help and there is a real sense of camaraderie between red and blue virtual squadrons.We just need Oleg to help please !

Arriba Espaa! I'm all for having Spanish squadrons in FB. Add Brazil and Mexico too, and more latin americans will be flying this sim!

Oh, no! You guys imigrated here from the SH3-Forum!?

I agree
    Great work JuanT, sorry my english.
    Oleg listen our pregaries
    Spanish great site:
    http://www.il2mania.com

I´m agree, IL2 needs spanish pilots , and spanish text and voices, there isn´t only spanish people who can understand spanish language, don´t remember!!

Great works, JuanT.

From Spain: http://escuadron69.hardgame.net/

Gilmour.

PD: sorry my english is too bad.

Great idea to include the Republic forces and Nationals forces in the Forgotten battles sim.

If it is not possible, is important for spanish people to have a folder with spanish nacionality for to made campaigns and missions for Spanish Civil war (1936-1939).

We wait Oleg Maddox to study the reasons for to include Spain in this great sim IL2+FB+PF.

Thanks.

Taran
    www.serafimov.com

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... Last ►►