1. #1
    Some awesome info here for people that didn't know.

    http://pc.ign.com/articles/736/736396p1.html

    As Altair, a medieval hitman with a mysterious past (Raymond confirmed that he's not a time traveler), you have free reign to explore vast cities and countryside. You will investigate your targets by exploring, eavesdropping and even picking pockets for clues on his whereabouts. When you have three clues-- and there are many more you can choose to find through thorough investigation -- you can then move to the assassination stage, using "social stealth" to blend in with crowds, searching for handholds to scale castle walls, using killer's intuition to hone in on the target and, finally, sinking a blade in his gullet.

    In order to control Altair, Ubisoft attached four "puppet strings." One to his head (the Y button) his weapon hand (X), off hand (B) and his lower body (A). The right trigger has been jokingly dubbed "emotional control" by Raymond and her team. In short, it is a strength modifier. While walking, hold it down to run. While swashbuckling, hold it down for a lumbering power strike.

    Using Y, you will do things like eavesdrop and use intuition. A, then, would be used to jump. An interesting control feature is climbing, done in a way we've never seen before.
    We didn't get a chance to touch the controller, but you will actually feel for handholds, like rock climbing. With it, Altair can climb anywhere in the world where there is a decent grip, and we're hoping he has a chance to move up the tallest of towers while sneaking past the castle guard.

    There wasn't much more news out of Ubisoft's camp, except that the team is trying to put together a package of downloadable content that Raymond could only say is "something ambitious." She hinted slightly at extended gameplay and possibly even some kind of multiplayer -- the team did create a prototype multiplayer and co-op mode. But, as of now, there is still nothing to announce.

    While the PlayStation 3 and 360 versions of Assassin's Creed are virtually identical, Raymond did say that on the 360 the team is putting a special emphasis on achievements. The hardware also allows for improved threading, which will improve even further the crowd AI.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    zgubilici's Avatar Global Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,981
    Please post this in the all known facts thread. Thanks
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Whoa, nice find. I was kind of suprised by the ending where it talked about the 360 having slightly better crowd AI or whatever. I mean, I know that the 360 and PS3 are basically the same, adn that the 360's cores have better interaction with one another than the PS3's, but I didn't expect it to enable stuff like this.

    One thing, though, that doesn't sound so cool, is how we HAVE to gather three pieces of information about our target because we can assassinate (or at least that's what the article implies). I mean, I can understand if they give you a target and you have no info other than a name having to get some more info, but...No matter what the mission (I assume), we have to get three pieces of info? Sounds kind of annoying. Esspecially if you're playing the game over again and know exactly who to kill.

    SF
    Share this post

  4. #4
    With this game putting so much emphasis on AI and animations its the reason I immediately wanted this game for my 360
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally posted by SpiderFreak:
    Whoa, nice find. I was kind of suprised by the ending where it talked about the 360 having slightly better crowd AI or whatever. I mean, I know that the 360 and PS3 are basically the same, adn that the 360's cores have better interaction with one another than the PS3's, but I didn't expect it to enable stuff like this.

    One thing, though, that doesn't sound so cool, is how we HAVE to gather three pieces of information about our target because we can assassinate (or at least that's what the article implies). I mean, I can understand if they give you a target and you have no info other than a name having to get some more info, but...No matter what the mission (I assume), we have to get three pieces of info? Sounds kind of annoying. Esspecially if you're playing the game over again and know exactly who to kill.

    SF
    "When you have three clues-- and there are many more you can choose to find through thorough investigation -- you can then move to the assassination stage"

    i think what this means is that there are many many forms of info you can find...maybe u eaves drop on some people talking about where some guy is hanging a bunch of people, or you learn that a guard has info on where your target's house is and u have to pickpocket him inorder to retrieve it...i think they will have plenty of different forms of info to keep you occupied when replaying the game
    Share this post

  6. #6
    UKW5's Avatar Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    10
    As a PS3 developer, i would like to say that there is no way the three cores of the Xbox 360 would give any game better AI performance over the 7 Cores of the PS3 unless the developer is blindly enough using 4 or more threads out of the 6 overall threads available for the 360 version while for the PS3 version they are just using only 2 cores out of the 7 for AI. Someone at ubisoft is probably being mistranslated for the press to think that the Xbox 360 version will have better AI performance than the PS3 version unless you don't believe that both hardwares were designed with specific advantages and disadvantages. That's my 2 cents for now.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally posted by SCEEUK:
    As a PS3 developer, i would like to say that there is no way the three cores of the Xbox 360 would give any game better AI performance over the 7 Cores of the PS3 unless the developer is blindly enough using 4 or more threads out of the 6 overall threads available for the 360 version while for the PS3 version they are just using only 2 cores out of the 7 for AI. Someone at ubisoft is probably being mistranslated for the press to think that the Xbox 360 version will have better AI performance than the PS3 version unless you don't believe that both hardwares were designed with specific advantages and disadvantages. That's my 2 cents for now.
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154110
    Share this post

  8. #8
    UKW5's Avatar Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    10
    Originally posted by redneck666:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SCEEUK:
    As a PS3 developer, i would like to say that there is no way the three cores of the Xbox 360 would give any game better AI performance over the 7 Cores of the PS3 unless the developer is blindly enough using 4 or more threads out of the 6 overall threads available for the 360 version while for the PS3 version they are just using only 2 cores out of the 7 for AI. Someone at ubisoft is probably being mistranslated for the press to think that the Xbox 360 version will have better AI performance than the PS3 version unless you don't believe that both hardwares were designed with specific advantages and disadvantages. That's my 2 cents for now.
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154110 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

    and your point is?
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Originally posted by SCEEUK:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by redneck666:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SCEEUK:
    As a PS3 developer, i would like to say that there is no way the three cores of the Xbox 360 would give any game better AI performance over the 7 Cores of the PS3 unless the developer is blindly enough using 4 or more threads out of the 6 overall threads available for the 360 version while for the PS3 version they are just using only 2 cores out of the 7 for AI. Someone at ubisoft is probably being mistranslated for the press to think that the Xbox 360 version will have better AI performance than the PS3 version unless you don't believe that both hardwares were designed with specific advantages and disadvantages. That's my 2 cents for now.
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154110 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

    and your point is? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Dont have one just putting that out there for ya... really tho who gives a **** which system is better. Wait you do, well I dont.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    This was stated by someone on 1up, but it sounds pretty accurate giving the situation with AC.

    AI is something that can only be put on a general purpose core. The reason is because AI needs a thread that can handle branch prediction. The PS3 has 2 threads total that can do this. The 360 has 6. Although this doesn't affect the quality of a single "unique AI", it effects the quantity of unique AI that the PS3 can handle. In short, the PS3 will have less unique AI, alot of the same AI sets will be used over and over again in the PS3 version. In the 360 version, a different unique AI set can be used for every member of the crowd.

    The real kicker is that this will hold true in all games that require alot of unique AI sets, not just Assasins Creed.

    If that statement is correct then obviously the Cell is not all its cracked up to be as far as being used as a game CPU goes.
    Share this post