Was over my sister during Christmas and noticed her pc was getting this dll error on startup.

c/windows/system32/bcommwvi.dll

Pc is dell Dim 2400, i think
    p42,66
    512ram
    xp home
    Anyone know what this is.

Hi
    At best:
    It could be the remains of an installer exe.
    At worse:
    A partially removed trojan/virus.

Clear your temp files

XP
    Start>Run>temp>select all>shift delete
    and
    Start>Run>%temp%>select all>shift delete

If some files are announced in use and you cant delete them, delete the ones you can then reboot and repeat the process.

Now run your Spyware and virus programs.

If all else fails you can try this as a last resort but I recommend this for PC savvy users.

Download KillBox http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/KillBox.exe . Run KillBox and check the box that says 'End Explorer Shell While Killing File'. Next click on 'Replace on Reboot' and check the box underneath that. For <span class="ev_code_RED">c/windows/system32/bcommwvi.dll</span> , check the box that says 'Unregister .dll Before Deleting' if it's not grayed out. Copy and paste <span class="ev_code_RED">c/windows/system32/bcommwvi.dll</span> into the top line (hitting the X button for the file - choose NO when it asks if you want to reboot):

go to C:\Windows\Prefetch and delete everything inside that Prefetch folder.

Run the CleanUp program now and choose Yes when it asks if you want to log off.

You can delete way more Temp files if you do this:

Just go into Windows Search, make sure it looks for hidden files and folders, and put in: *.tmp ~*.* *.bak *.bk! *.log. and delete everything it finds (it might give a message that some file(s) could not be deleted because they are in use, just skip them and delete the rest)

And empty out you Prefetch folder also, you can do that by typing Prefetch in search or by browsing to it like Alpha said.

Thanks guys.
    Unfortunately she's a right numbnut, she just told me that she did not realise that after running a virus scan you need to delete anything found. She just closed the program.
    Over there tomorrow, so will sort this out and show her how to use the anti virus and spyware software again.