Targ's Avatar Senior Member
    All others will be deleted. Nothing personal just cleaning things up and keeping the old PF forum neat and tidy.
    Thank you in advance. Some of you will need to repost and I do apologize for that.

Does that include my leg humped thread? I can leave out the joke for those who are way too sensitive.

Targ's Avatar Senior Member
    Sure thing, just make sure the hound is on a leash

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Targ:
    Sure thing, just make sure the hound is on a leash <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I would hate to make any other members of the community cry tonight.

Look here (from SimHQ posted by Li'lJugs):

http://www.igda.org/Forums/showthrea...threadid=13370

The first post was made in November 30, more than 15 days before we know what was happening.

Some interesting info from the link:

"It is possible that the "trademark" is not the basis that Northrop is using for the fee since I have to interpret the developers emails from his peculiar form of English… more appropriately Russlish." (November 30)

Oleg?

"This developer who has produced several successful games (relative to their niche) has a very grim outlook for his future projects. To quote him:

'If the business will go by this way in future we all will need to close it... Because others also wiol ask for every gun, takn, bulled modelled in a sim for payment... The business around historical game developments will stops. Its my opinion.'" (December 2)

Wow!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedChip:

The first post was made in November 30, more than 15 days before we know what was happening.

Some interesting info from the link:

"It is possible that the "trademark" is not the basis that Northrop is using for the fee since _I have to interpret the developers emails from his peculiar form of English… more appropriately Russlish._" (November 30)

Oleg?

"This developer who has produced several successful games (relative to their niche) _has a very grim outlook for his future projects_. To quote him:

_'If the business will go by this way in future we all will need to close it... Because others also wiol ask for every gun, takn, bulled modelled in a sim for payment... The business around historical game developments will stops. Its my opinion.'_" (December 2)

Wow! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is an excellent post. I can certainly see why they stopped all work on Northrop items. I do hope they get this all worked out one way or another. And that the solution is not a detriment to the flight sim community. Maybe someday there is hope that the F4U-4 and the P-47N along with the P-61 and others can be added. But who knows.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedChip:

......... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    READ THAT THREAD NOW!!! The guy's name and phone number from Northrop are in there...

I'm going to find the contact info for George Bush SR. and send his people an e-mail. He has immense power and I would think would be sympathetic to my cause. I have sent emails to my rep before complaining about the IRS trying to screw me and it helped immensely (all of the politicians have armies of workers/volunteers who handle stuff like this).

Latico's Avatar Senior Member
    Well, I find it rather od that for all these years combat flight sims have been featuring these aircraft and no body said anything. Then all of a sudden.........WHAM!

alll this makes u wonder how the lomac people sorted thing out. Moddeling operational planes and all.

Or is that the reason they give it away?

tsisqua's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Latico:
    Well, I find it rather od that for all these years combat flight sims have been featuring these aircraft and no body said anything. Then all of a sudden.........WHAM! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that they are trying to recover funds that were lost in a 111 million dollar lawsuit (just my own conjecture), by following the advice of some corporate know-it-all. Our brave pilots fought and died in those machines. The company that made them has forgotten.

Tsisqua

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... Last ►►