Sigh. I can't even play the game.
    We should submit it to the playstation share blog, or a website that can blow it out of proportion

Soulid_Snake's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by NeoTechni:
    Sigh. I can't even play the game.
    We should submit it to the playstation share blog, or a website that can blow it out of proportion
    I'm game for that!

So they fixed the exact same issue in another game because of the attention the media gave, but apparently we dont matter cause we havent annoyed them enough. I've tried to message a bunch of gaming sites, and site advertising the sale for BG&E I've warned everyone about the game-breaking issue. But we need to raise a bigger stink.

This is god damned ridiculous. The bug would literally take 5 minutes to program to fix yet they've done nothing over 6 months. The money they've spent paying people to tell us they're "investigating" could have been better spent actually working on it.

This is so disappointing. BG&E was one of my favorite games on the original Xbox and I know I didn't play it with the controls like this.

I bought the HD version for the 360 a while back and finally got around to playing it last night and couldn't get the controls to work properly. If you invert the camera (that you take pictures with), the camera controls work properly, but obviously in the "real world" when you invert, the Y-axis and X-axis are linked.

How in the world can't they separate these two functions? Who cleared this game to be released like this? I LOVE this game but there is just no way I'm going to get used to this. I tried for about an hour and just can't play it.

I really really hope UBI can release a patch for this.

Elfrick's Avatar Member
    I've played the game almost beaten it to, I have seen no problems with camera controls. I didn't play the p2 and gamecube version, just saying i'm able to play the game. It might be something in the options at the menu.

I'm shocked people worry about this, and not (money bag achievement) on the xbox 360 it's glitch even if you get 80 pearls you don't get the achievement.. I know I don't have the achievement.. And the yo pearl is unable to even play the game cause the controls on the right analog joystick is inverted on the xbox 360, someone mention on here that the game ps3 doesn't have the inverted right analog joystick.

Good to see a post about this very serious problem and the overwhelming number of responses.

I was so excited to hear news on Beyond Good And Evil HD coming to XBox Live, I thought wow they can upgade the visuals and they update controls too.

I bought the original on Xbox and the controls frustrated me to the point where I stopped playing, I constantly need to think move this stick right to rotate left.
    I had the same problem with Silent Hill - Home Coming what is more frustrating is the fact you can invert aiming axis but not the camera.

Both of these games were abandoned by me, I checked every now and then if there was an update to fix this issue, but it never happened with Silent Hill and
    still never happened with Beyond Good And Evil HD and I feel I have wasted my money for something I can not play.

This is 2012 why can you not include BASIC options in EVERY game, that are fundamentally required because of the players different prefrences?

Please release an update for this classic as I would like to complete it.

Elfrick's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Slipstream_Rob Go to original post
    Good to see a post about this very serious problem and the overwhelming number of responses.

I was so excited to hear news on Beyond Good And Evil HD coming to XBox Live, I thought wow they can upgade the visuals and they update controls too.

I bought the original on Xbox and the controls frustrated me to the point where I stopped playing, I constantly need to think move this stick right to rotate left.
    I had the same problem with Silent Hill - Home Coming what is more frustrating is the fact you can invert aiming axis but not the camera.

Both of these games were abandoned by me, I checked every now and then if there was an update to fix this issue, but it never happened with Silent Hill and
    still never happened with Beyond Good And Evil HD and I feel I have wasted my money for something I can not play.

This is 2012 why can you not include BASIC options in EVERY game, that are fundamentally required because of the players different prefrences?

Please release an update for this classic as I would like to complete it.
    There is an option for inverted cam to be normal.. I have seen the leaderboard on xbox 360, people able to beat the game.

Didn't I just said I have no problems?

I would rather hacve yo pearl an money bag fixed.

It is not anymore autocentering and I must do this myself with the wrong stick orientation.

I purchased the game based on positive press, but I find BG&E HD very difficult to play due to its control limitations

Elfrick's Avatar Member
    I don't know what you guy's are talking about? People like me are able to beat the game. In options they're is a inverted camera and normal camera, use normal camera then it works.. While you have those settings playing the game then saving the game after those settings only stay to that save file. But everytime you play a new game you have to change those settings.

The big issue is the yo pearl and big money on xbox 360.