Taylortony's Avatar Senior Member
    There is a film of the final moments of the flight of the Hurricane, looking at it I would say it possibly stalled out, this was shown on the local TV but may be distressing to some, the people they mention as collecting Aircraft remnants are I fear collecting something more grizzly...

The link for those that wish to see its final moments before it dissapears behind the trees is here..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riW0uw__tPc

Not good. Looks like it could be a normal stall - but I also think it looks as if he lost power as well.

Dunno if that Split-S was planned.

If yes, it was initiated WAY too low.

He appearantly stalled while attempting to last-ditch pull-out.

Seems to me he dropped half way through doing a roll. Airspeed too low for some reason maybe?

carts's Avatar Senior Member
    Thats a real person dying,who gives a flying **** about why!
    Ghoulish ****s.

Another great pilot gone and another vintage fighter that will never see the skies again. This is a terrible tragedy.

this video appears to be taken from a hill overlooking the field, and looks down on the crash site a few hundred meters away (or so it seems). Alot more detail as far as what's going on, as well as some of the aircraft flying before hand. It doesn't show the actual impact. The prop blades sticking out of the ground kinda got to me.
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ7Ntu...elated&search=

I've seen two fatal crashes at airshows (T-28 and Decathalon) and both were due to stalls of some sort. This seems odd since it doesn't look like the AC is in an unusual or energy robbing position, but that's hard to tell from film.

Its sooo sad to see another vintage warbird go down in flames. I love to see them flying but at the rate they are dropping lately you almost want to just ground them all to preserve them.

From the video, it looks like a stall. You can see the right wing drop just before he goes behind the first tree... and continues a right roll as it goes in.

Whatever the case.. its so sad to loose another vintage bird.

Taylortony's Avatar Senior Member
    That would be rebuildable

Very sad. God bless him.