In the USA (I don't know about the rest of the world), monthly magazines normally date their issues a couple of months in advance. An issue you get in the mail in February can be the March or even April 2005 issue .

For example, I just got the March issue of Hustler in the mail and....whooops, you didn't hear that from me !

Congrats Oleg.
    You deserve the honor. They're only revealing what we've known for a long time.

regards,
    Robert

Once you go Track... you never go back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Owlsphone:
    How didn't CFS3 win? That game deserves the honors for the next 10 years. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO!

steve_v's Avatar Senior Member
    Great news and some well-deserved recognition for 1C Maddox Games. Congrats Oleg and crew.

willyvic's Avatar Moderator
    adlabs6
    "Was the category actually "Best Simulation 2004" as the thread title says? Pacific Fighters I can understand, but how can a non-stand alone addon pack like AEP qualify for this award? Wouldn't that be like an FS2004 or CFS3 payware addon, or a new revision of Falcon4 winning the same award?"

Just reporting what the magazine has printed.

Platypus_1.JaVA
    "Yup... we just hit february and allready someone quotes a magazine from march. Doen't anyone seem to find that a little odd?"

I subscribe and get my March issue in Feb. Not at all uncommon here. There is no fishing trip, put your bait away

WV

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SlickStick:
    And well-deserving of the honor. Be sure. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For sure, but no competition.

willyvic's Avatar Moderator
    here's the article

WV

Thanks willy

"Available as standalone releases or integrated add-ons for IL2-Forgotten Battles, each game..."

Hmm... as I suspected, they mistakenly assumed AEP was a standalone. Anyway it's the big picture that counts, good to see the positive coverage for Maddox games.

What about Falcons IV?