1. #1
    Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,022
    Is it me or has the damage model changed somewhat.. Seems like there are some new destruction routines in the mix.. and they are more random. I have seen planes do different stuff upon termination than before.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    I have seen planes do different stuff upon termination than before.
    such as?
    Share this post

  3. #3
    BaldieJr's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    this don\'t make no sense!
    Posts
    4,282
    Like slam a few drawers while cleaning out its cubicle.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    vocatx's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,025
    I saw a guy lose the horizontal stabs on a Ki-84 last night. He pulled out of a high speed dive. Didn't pull enough G-s to black out, but the stabs snapped right off. I've never seen that before. Maybe you're right, Bearcat.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Bear, just 10 minutes ago I hit a Wildcat with two quick hits from my Rufe's 20mm in the port wing from about 200 meters and about 400 meters off the water and he immediately did a 360 roll to port, righted himself momentarily, then suddenly flipped over on his port wing again, only a 180 this time and went straight into the drink. I don't know if that is new, but the way he flew I've never quite seen before---like he was hit, injured, and trying mightily to save himself, but couldn't control it. GAWD, this sim is FECKIN' GRAND!
    Share this post

  6. #6
    VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13,650
    Originally posted by vocatx:
    I saw a guy lose the horizontal stabs on a Ki-84 last night. He pulled out of a high speed dive. Didn't pull enough G-s to black out, but the stabs snapped right off. I've never seen that before. Maybe you're right, Bearcat.
    Thats been happening for a while...

    Thats what I TRY and force the opposing Ki-84 to do...overspeed and blow his control surfaces right off. Then he's mine
    Share this post

  7. #7
    SlickStick's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    3,111
    I'm just going online with it for the first time, but offline last night, I fired up one of my practice QMBs and I was shocked at how much quicker I dispatched the enemy planes. One or two bursts from a Mk. VIII CW against La-7s and I immediately sawed one in half and the other decimated the wing.

    Maybe, it just seemed quicker to me or something, but I've been using that mission since the Mk. VIII CW came into the game.

    I won't discount the fact that it might be that I didn't go into a tail slide everytime I pulled the trigger.

    Looking forward to seeing new damage modeling of new planes, as well as other goodies. They did a good sweep of things it appears at first look and I think we just took a huge leap forward, with more to come. Doh.....

    Mrs. SlickStick ain't gonna like this.

    Originally posted by BaldieJr:
    Like slam a few drawers while cleaning out its cubicle.
    Have you seen my stapler?
    Share this post

  8. #8
    danjama's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,405
    Originally posted by Saunders1953:
    Bear, just 10 minutes ago I hit a Wildcat with two quick hits from my Rufe's 20mm in the port wing from about 200 meters and about 400 meters off the water and he immediately did a 360 roll to port, righted himself momentarily, then suddenly flipped over on his port wing again, only a 180 this time and went straight into the drink. I don't know if that is new, but the way he flew I've never quite seen before---like he was hit, injured, and trying mightily to save himself, but couldn't control it. GAWD, this sim is FECKIN' GRAND!
    I know exactly wat u mean, i love kills like that, add alot of realism to the game.
    Share this post