Guys, people say AC is a trilogy, and people say that patrice, the storyline writer confirmed it to be a trilogy...
    so basically, AC3 has to a huge and long game! i mean, all 3 games so far were extremely short and easy!
    and AC3 has to explain us the whole desmond storyline+ new ancestor area,
    There are 72 days remaining for the disaster, so AC3 has to contain at least a great part of it, if not all.
    in AC3 we need to understand about all pieces of eden, about the temples, those who came before, lucy's death, new ancestor's relation to desmond, subject sixteen, how shaun and rebecca's story continues.
    it's a lot of stuff and its impossible for ubi to come up with it all just in 1 year, remember the whole game is in the past and not 2012.
    and i can prove to you that this game will get an ancestor!
    this whole AC series is based on the past and if the game would be just 2012 so all the swords daggers and all AC mechanics would be lost..
    so AC3 must contain a huge anccestor storyline and big amount of present times storyline...

but games in AC are extremely short, is this even possible to finish the game in just 1 more game? to me it seems impossible or otherwise this game will have at least 2 years under construction and a length of 40 hours of storyline excluding gameplay side missions.

So what's your point?

All you have said in that post is common(AC) sense.

Also, the console AC2 and AC: Brotherhood pack about 20 hours, I wouldn't call that short.

P.S.
    The title: Did you mean that AC3 has to be the longest game ever of all games or that AC3 has to be the longest game ever of the AC series?

I think he means out of the AC series.

it msut be the longest
    theres so much information missing
    how can we cover it all with jsut 1 game of 20hrs?

I think the same.It makes me sad to even think that AC series are triology.It is not exact yet.

rileypoole1234's Avatar Senior Member
    That's the exact thing I was thinking. If AC2 was like 23 or so years as Ezio and it only lasted 1-2 present time days, AC3 must either be really really long, or it's not the last game.

crash3's Avatar Senior Member
    AC needs to have at least 4 or 5 games for decent closure on the series even if it goes past the year 2012-the series should visit FRANCE ENGLAND GERMANY RUSSIA EGYPT PERSIA INDIA CHINE JAPAN-only visit America in modern times for desmonds story because any major american history just involves guns and no one wants a shooter AC game

DrKain's Avatar Junior Member
    Brotherhood is short? Uh, I'm currently 29 hours into the game and in Sequence 7. How is that short?

Besides, the shorter a game, the more replay value it has.

Patrice Deselet is gone and is no longer part of the AC production team. That means the new AC production team's new management could do whatever they want now. Unfortunately THQ is heading to Canada, specifically Montreal. Patrice took his break from the gaming industry and when he comes back from his vacation, he is joining the THQ team and leaving Ubisoft. That's what I have read so far.

DavisP92's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by DrKain:
    Brotherhood is short? Uh, I'm currently 29 hours into the game and in Sequence 7. How is that short?

Besides, the shorter a game, the more replay value it has.
    It's not a short game, but its shorter then what i expected since Ubi said that it will be 50+ hours to get 100 synch. But i beat the game with 100 synch. in 24 hours.