lbhskier37's Avatar Senior Member
    I rarely fly Russian planes, but when force to the other day I picked up the P-39 for the first time in many patches. Flying it, I noticed the controls stiffened greatly at speeds and it flew like a brick at anything over 400kph. I'm not saying this is wrong because I have no idea, but it seemed odd to me. What do P-39 jocks think about this? BTW it was the Q-1 I was flying.

I rarely fly Russian planes, but when force to the other day I picked up the P-39 for the first time in many patches. Flying it, I noticed the controls stiffened greatly at speeds and it flew like a brick at anything over 400kph. I'm not saying this is wrong because I have no idea, but it seemed odd to me. What do P-39 jocks think about this? BTW it was the Q-1 I was flying.

No one fly eastern front planes anymore?

Yeah, the P-39s roll rate really fell off at high speeds. The elevators are aren't too bad though.

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    P-39 in the last few patches has felt more and more like I thought it would. I remember 1.1 had it with a super roll rate...thats now much more correct according to the roll charts.

clint-ruin's Avatar Senior Member
    Noticed the same here, but I had only been playing with the D1/D2 - wasn't aware that it had affected the Q models too.