If you mean EA games, then no. EA makes alot of bad/low quality games. It would be unfair to have ubi publishing rubbish games. It would net them in more money in the short term, but the reputation in the long run would hurt other ubisoft game sales because people would just assume they were of the same shoddy quality.

What the hell AE?

Arts Electronic?

Uber_Panda's Avatar Banned
    Originally posted by Angel Fire:
    Maybe UBI should buy out AE games.
    Now hear me out. Case in point.

A number of years ago AE came out with a PS game called Medal of Honor €" Frontline.
    Latter they came out with a PC game, Medal of Honor €" Allied Assault than a short time after that two expansion packs for it. These have been one of my favorite games. Everything about them is of epic proportions. Most of the time you have open field of movement and the music is like going to the movies with great music. Astounding to say the least.
    So where does this take me. While waiting for some better games to come along I spied a copy of Medal of Honor: Rising Sun, for xbox. Figuring it should be a step up since it came out sometime after the first Medal of Honor, what a stellar mistake that was. If anything AE has regressed in their game making. It looks like and plays like the old PS game.

<span class="ev_code_RED">SO maybe UBI should buy out AE and save them from themselves. YOU THINK!!!!!</span>
    I overestimated you, Angel

First off, it's EA, not AE. I figured you would know that since you bought two of EA's games

Second off, you thought that your PC version of Medal of Honor - Allied Assault was stellar because it was a step up from the PS2 game Medal of Honor. Well, this is no real mystery; PC games outpreform console games to a great degree.

As well, you thought Medal of Honor: Rising Sun sucked because, well of course, it's not a PC game, thus the graphics and gameplay don't match as well as a PC.

In any case, EA made the mistake of making several WWII games. IMHO, they should have dropped Medal of Honor and focused more attention on the BF series. BF1942 was a perfect hit, an amazing WWII game. However, BFVietnam sucked. It was rushed. Unfinished. Lame. Thank goodness for BF2 though. At least EA knew what they were doing there

In any point, Ubi shouldn't buy EA because it'd be a waste of money, and EA is probably much richer than Ubi if EA already tried and succedded (I think) in buying 20% of Ubi

Bozibozic's Avatar Senior Member
    EA DO make rather poor games which hardly change over each new game in the series (ie the fifa series is no different from the previous) but they DO make a lot of dough from loyal fans which they have developed over the generations. They make games which appeal to certain groups not everyone.

BTW SSX SERIES PWNS ALL OTHER!!!!!!! except SC, R6 and GR!

Originally posted by Uber_Panda:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Angel Fire:
    Maybe UBI should buy out AE games.
    Now hear me out. Case in point.

A number of years ago AE came out with a PS game called Medal of Honor €" Frontline.
    Latter they came out with a PC game, Medal of Honor €" Allied Assault than a short time after that two expansion packs for it. These have been one of my favorite games. Everything about them is of epic proportions. Most of the time you have open field of movement and the music is like going to the movies with great music. Astounding to say the least.
    So where does this take me. While waiting for some better games to come along I spied a copy of Medal of Honor: Rising Sun, for xbox. Figuring it should be a step up since it came out sometime after the first Medal of Honor, what a stellar mistake that was. If anything AE has regressed in their game making. It looks like and plays like the old PS game.

<span class="ev_code_RED">SO maybe UBI should buy out AE and save them from themselves. YOU THINK!!!!!</span>
    I overestimated you, Angel
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO!!

SoulFire382's Avatar Banned
    Ubi can't buy EA, for a few reasons. The first being that it would tear the fabric of the universe. The second that Ubisoft would have to publish mediocre games that EA developed. The only redeeming factor would be that Ubi would develop some games, but that helps EA so it isn't that much of an improvement.

i dont think UBI is rich enough to buy EA...they are worth a lot

BliNd-'s Avatar Senior Member
    I have to agree with you on the fact that the MEdal of Honor series went KER-SPLAT! I played MoHAA well into this year, until I was destracted by CS:S. Every now and then I still get the urge to play it; such an awsome game.

But I don't really think Ubi would be able to buy out EA...

Ya EA is a multi BILLION dollar company while Ubi is only a Multi MILLION dollar company.

its actually quite the other way around. EA is thinking of buying UBI. ifyou dont want that to happen, buy some ubi stock and hold on to them.

EA was corrupted by the money. They figured that if they crank out games fast enough, theyll get lots of money. They dont realize that if they made decent games, they would get more money cause word would go round that the game was good.

Halo for example didnt shock anyone. As soon as it hit shelves, like 10,000 people bought it. But as they saw what a spectacular game it was, the word spread, and now Halo is one of the biggest titles in the history of gaming.

Once again its back to the age old Cliche, Quality not Quantity. If only EA could learn that. but there greedy blood sucking (insert bad name here)

Bozibozic's Avatar Senior Member
    Haha nice 13th!