I demand a recount....lol

I wanted to point out something. Review the following votes honored by Oleg.

Results (677 votes counted so far):

249 (37%) Keep the black dots!!
    193 (29%) Leave the dots out of the game!
    226 (33%) Maybe it is best for everybody to make the black dots an option in the realism settings.

Look closely,
    249 Keep Black Dots
    419 Dont keep Black Dots/Make it a Setting Option

If "Dont keep Black Dots" wasnt an option, where do you think those votes would go?

249 Keep Black Dots
    419 Make it a Setting Option

Tally numbers look different now huh?

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=t...wpollresults=Y

I demand a recount....lol

I wanted to point out something. Review the following votes honored by Oleg.

Results (677 votes counted so far):

249 (37%) Keep the black dots!!
    193 (29%) Leave the dots out of the game!
    226 (33%) Maybe it is best for everybody to make the black dots an option in the realism settings.

Look closely,
    249 Keep Black Dots
    419 Dont keep Black Dots/Make it a Setting Option

If "Dont keep Black Dots" wasnt an option, where do you think those votes would go?

249 Keep Black Dots
    419 Make it a Setting Option

Tally numbers look different now huh?

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=t...wpollresults=Y

Zen--'s Avatar Senior Member
    Personally I see those numbers like this:

475 Keep the Dots/Dots Optional
    193 Leave the Dots out.

I guess I see the glass as half full

I guess there are 2 sides to it.

1. Do you want to play with black dots?
    -Yes, always
    -No, never
    -Sometimes
    2. Do you want others to play with black dots?
    -Yes, always
    -No, never
    -If they want to

Only with the 3rd choices would it need to be optional.

I think that allowing people to customize their sim makes everyone happy.
    Just give us a set of tools and let us figure it out.

Serverhosts who think others should play it their way could always adjust their server's settings.

Im for ther server option dots settings

our numbers here pale in comparision to Russian forum, the voting in Russian forum likes the current dots.

Additionally, Oleg has stated the next version will keep the current 3.02bm dots with a tad higher visibility for ground objects.

Think of our vote as like a state with a electorial vote of 3, whereas Russia population of PF etc is like 20

Side note: Russia sold more copies of PF than US. Maybe it's time to tell your friends to buy a copy (or all those that pirate should buy their copy - shame on them!)

WWMaxGunz's Avatar Senior Member
    Finally upgraded my hardware, both videocard and memory and....

WOW, I can see dots down below against green Smolensk at near 2km away, with icons to tell
    me how far and make finding easy but hey I was testing vis ranges and the dots are visible
    for me now. Before it was no way, now it is way. If I were fighting against someone with
    hardware as I had, I could lose them just by being lower and distance alone even while they
    watch unless they have PL on or icons. If they have PL on then they will be blind to anyone
    else not near me, if icons then I should understand well how it is as I was there days ago.

Without icons it would take me a lot of staring hard to find if there are planes below unless
    they get maybe 1 km close. The new videocard is middle-value not real good (GF 5200 FX, 128M)
    but compared to before (GF2MX 400, 64M) it is great and I stand a better chance. Well against
    ground below I stand any chance at all outside maybe 500m! I can spot to 2km now! And I pity
    anyone who is running less.

Options... icons is the next step down IMHO.

Well I had GF2 and upgraded to Radeon 9600Pro, off went the dots. Was nice to be finally able to try the perfect stuff and so on, the joy did not last very long. Before PF it was no use, however, since only the excellent worked for spotting someone at higher than shooting distance. Now with PF the spotting worked - for awhile. Currently I am worse off than ever with this patch. Should I change the GF2 back to the machine? Thx a lot people for that lobbying...

Ofcourse you realise you're playing a beta and then you are actually required to report problems like that so that Oleg can do something about it and find out where your problem is coming from??

What would be unfair is to take into account those votes of this forum :

the community is not represented here in this forum where essentially english speakers and americans post here .

What about the Russians and Europeans non english speakers or not bothered to post here because of the aggressivity of this forum and unfriendly atmosphere , and offliners who don't even know this forum exist or this particular thread ? (more than 70%of the community , they bought the game too )

A correct poll would be a poll in all major forums like russian , german , french , spanish etc.. forums and get the results to compare it with this one .