1. #1
    Really, please. I have tracks dating to before the AEP and I cant see them at all. I have around 100 tracks and no time to install various versions of IL-2 and convert them all to ntrk. Can somebody please, PLEASE make an TRK to NTRK converter that converts all tracks to the lastest version of PF?

    I would apperciate this alot, as would a lot of other simmers.

    Thank you.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Tully__'s Avatar Global Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    17,012
    .trk files rely on the FM used to record them to play back correctly. As the game code is closed and encrypted, I would suggest that it's wise to refrain from holding your breath waiting for this request to be fulfilled .
    Share this post

  3. #3
    What a nice way of saying "NO". Makes you want to hear it more often, LOL.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,022
    Do what I did.. either convert them to Ntracks or delete them.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Akronnick's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,045
    All you have to do is install the version that the .trk was made in, run the .trk and when it is playing, start recording. When the mision is through, you'll have a file called quick###.ntrk (the ### representing a three, or is it four, I forget, digit number starting with 000). rename this file and your good to go.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally posted by Akronnick:
    All you have to do is install the version that the .trk was made in, run the .trk and when it is playing, start recording. When the mision is through, you'll have a file called quick###.ntrk (the ### representing a three, or is it four, I forget, digit number starting with 000). rename this file and your good to go.
    There are two track formats. A track is saved in a specific format depending on how you saved it ie: either by pressing escape and choosing 'start track recording' or by using a mapped key that you have set in 'controls'.

    From an erlier thread:


    I think that .ntrk files are stable after patching.

    You can change the format by playing the track and saving in the appropriate manner: set a key (ex.'Q') in controls to record the track, and hit his during playback of your .trk file. It should be saved as 'quick0001.ntrk' or similar.

    Your old .trk files will play in the older version of the game. If you have an older (pre-patch) version of the game you could try converting the tracks there (or do a seperate install and patch up to the last patch you had).

    Copy the tracks from the 'records' folder (I think theyäre in that one) to the pre-patch version of FB/PF. They should play there. The tracks can be re-named in this folder.

    Once you've changed the format to .ntrk they can be copied back to the latest version of the game where they should now work.

    These days I always do a backup of the whole game before patching. That way I can always retrieve anything lost ie, tracks. I just save the whole FB folder (large!) to a seperate file in my documents, and run it using the .exe (the FB symbol) in that folder.

    In the future: If you save your tracks as ntrk. they will be playable after any future patch.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Just do what I do..
    If its a track I want to keep, I'm going to want to show it also.
    So I convert it to an avi and burn it to cd.
    That way I can share it with everyone regardless of if they play the game or not.
    I then Delete it from my hard drive as soon as its burned and I'm ready for the next "keeper"
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally posted by Dew-Claw:
    Just do what I do..
    If its a track I want to keep, I'm going to want to show it also.
    So I convert it to an avi and burn it to cd.
    That way I can share it with everyone regardless of if they play the game or not.
    I then Delete it from my hard drive as soon as its burned and I'm ready for the next "keeper"
    How do you convert it?
    Share this post

  9. #9
    WTE_Galway's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    6,029
    one way is to use a utility like FRAPS to record it as you play the track
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Originally posted by WTE_Galway:
    one way is to use a utility like FRAPS to record it as you play the track
    Correct, then you can pull it into Windows Movie maker, or NeroVision Express(what I use).
    Cut it, add fades, text and music...*poof* movie.


    Go check out the movie makers forum.
    Share this post