Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    Can't seem to google up any 1942 era maps or bird's eye views of Kunming

Anyone have anything?

I dont know if this will help but here goes.

In search of info about Kunming, I came over this site, where someone is involved in a pre-pre-pre-pre production budget estimate for a motion picture about the Flying Tigers.

Down the page you will see some referances too books etc.

I am sorry because i dont know how to post links, but this is the address as reads in the window.

http://forums.flyingtigersavg.com/ub...ML/001648.html

I dont know if you already have seen this, but its the closest I could find.

regards werla. (hope it helps)

Oops guess I do

heywooood's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm hoping someone will have a book or maybe some family photo's or a journal from the war...

I've got a pal that was a C46 driver in China in 1942-43 - I'll call him and see if he has any maps.

I saw one pic where they were loading avgas in 55 gal. drums and boxes of .50 cal along with about 20 'coolies' or civilian Chinese laborers as they probably should be called today...not much of the surrounding landscape in that one but he must have other pics.

Chuck - have you seen this site?

CBI roundup

maybe you can contact someone there and see about some pics or maps.

Just click on the dates on the left - these copies are not great - but as I say - you might be able to get more from contacting them.

bumpchuck

Werla-

Thanks I'm a member over at FlyingtigersAVG. Interesting project but no news in a while. It seems like this will evaporate to me. There is, however at least one other company thinking about a movie

The books listed are great, but to be honest money's tight. I can't just buy all the stuff I want no matter how helpful. The holidays are just around the corner.

heywoood- thanks

luftluuver-

I have almost worn out my mouse trying to click on things to bring me to maps on that website- no luck. What am I Missing??

luftluuver's Avatar Banned
    A visit to the Uni I would say.

It's only an hour away from where I sit and type this, actually. I'd almost forgotten that once I actually had to visit a library to find reference We're really spoiled with the internet, i think

basic overview of Japanese area of influence 1943

handbook of Burma USAAF

maps page

wouldn't it be great if one day, some developer treated the CBI theater to the same attention as the BoB?