Started here as Rexcarrs in 02 IIRC. Now spending more time Admining over at M4T. Good to see some of the old gang.

Good to see some familiar names still kicking around.

Myself, I haven't played FB/'46 in years, and the sheer terribleness of CoD actually prompted me to sell my games PC!

I've usually lurked and left since August 2002....

HeyOOO!

How has everyone been?

I was signed up late 2001 early 2002 as VMF-214_Ruger or FlyingRuger. Can't remember.

There are still quite a few familiar faces but there are also many that I haven't seen around in a while. I have to say that this "place" was so much more fun back in the day and really wish we could get it back to the way it was. Some things will just never be the same again. I was originally registered as infantry111 in '01 but lost and forgot my password during my year long deployement in 2003.

Count me in too really nice to see so many familiar names here. Been flying since dec. 2001, joined here a little later. Remember the old Blue byte forum, IL2 Center, IL2 Skins and netwings so much cool things happened all at once..

Essah__'s Avatar Senior Member
    holy smokes, what a nostalgia thread!
    Went on the forum to see if it was still alive and find this
    Not sure if anyone remembers me, but I certainly recognize a lot of the names here. I miss the good ol' times.

I guess I'm a relative newcomer here (2005).

We need a patch that restores the Corsair's wobble, that might get folks back...

M2morris's Avatar Senior Member
    Any you guys have some of your very first IL2 screenshots to post? I found some on an old CD and they are dated June 02.

Tully__'s Avatar Global Moderator
    Hey, does anyone remember when this pic was posted here? I just found it on my HDD...
    Looking over the options in the mocked up menu, not a lot has changed in 10 years...

I woud credit the original artist but don't recall who it was, though the image itself suggests Earwicker had something to do with it.