raaaid's Avatar Senior Member
    im smoking a cigarrete as i write this down and i would like to quit but dont have enough will

any advice plz?

raaaid's Avatar Senior Member
    im smoking a cigarrete as i write this down and i would like to quit but dont have enough will

any advice plz?

Nicotime gum is useless, but I've had some good sucess with the patch. 20+ year pack a day smoker and the patch took away the cravings for me (just had to beat the "habbit" of smoking after that if you know what I mean).

Good luck and stick with it. It only takes one smoke and you're right back where you started.

Like the old saying goes; "Quitting's easy, I've done it a hundred times..."

I use to be a pack and a half a day smoker. I haven't quiet quit yet, I'm down to about a pack a week. By the end of this month I will quiet completely.

I think its a mind power thing and you have to fight the urge. I stay busy, I'm always doing something. I don't smoke in the in house because of the kids, nor the car for the very same reason. I use to but have noticed since I quit doing that my kids health is far greater. No earaches, runny noses (well they still have my allergys), or coughing.

I quit successfully by using the patch.

...or...Google "diseased lung" and click "images".

PBNA-Boosher's Avatar Senior Member
    My science teacher used to smoke 2 and a half packs a day. He used the patch AND coffee to quit. Now he's just addicted to coffee.

heywooood's Avatar Senior Member
    think of what it will be like in a few years - dragging around your oxygen bottle and coughing hard enough to crack a rib at times....you'll quit...oh yeah most people don't think ahead. nevermind.

Smoking is satisfying.

F6_Ace's Avatar Senior Member
    I used to smoke for about 6 months a long time ago. I quit by smoking cigars like cigarettes.

After a week, I detested the taste of cigs and that was it.

Having said that, I might cadge the odd *** (English expression!) after a heavy session on the ale.

First off all you have got to want to quit.
    I went and saw my local GP who put me in touch with the NHS no smoking clinic. I saw someone there and we went through the reasons why I started smoking in the first place, why I smoked now and the reasons why I would like to give up among other things.
    The key is preparation, setting a quitting day and sticking to it. I used patches and dealt with one day at a time. It actually wasn't that hard in the end. I used to smoke 40 a day and have now been a non-smoker for 18 months - I've never looked back.

http://www.givingupsmoking.co.uk/

p-11.cAce's Avatar Senior Member
    I was a pack - 1 1/2 pack a day smoker for 10 years (15-25 yrs old). Heart disease runs in my family and I quit after attending an uncles funeral and realizing that I too could end up there far too soon So I gathered up all my cigs, lighters, etc and trashed everything - no gum, patches,etc just cold turkey. It sucked horribly for a month, less so after two, not too bad after 3 and after 4 months I basically considered myself no longer addicted. I still get cravings (7 years later) but have not started again. I assume that, like alcohol, the cravings will never be truly resolved. Good luck to anyone who is quitting and don't beat yourself up if you fall off the wagon.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►