Slightly OT:This weekend I read an article about MicroOpticals MYVU media viewer,which promised great things for viewing TV, dvds etc.etc.So it got me wondering does this or other similar "wearable" screen viewers have an application to FB and the future BoB?That they duplicate a 27"screen seems to be a very attractive idea.Do any of you Tekkies out there have any ideas about its use...?How about its compatability with TrackIR?

Slightly OT:This weekend I read an article about MicroOpticals MYVU media viewer,which promised great things for viewing TV, dvds etc.etc.So it got me wondering does this or other similar "wearable" screen viewers have an application to FB and the future BoB?That they duplicate a 27"screen seems to be a very attractive idea.Do any of you Tekkies out there have any ideas about its use...?How about its compatability with TrackIR?

ploughman's Avatar Senior Member
    I had a sniff around their site JD and while it looks good as a portable media viewer its resolution of 320 x 240 is a bit of a disability.

There was a thread on here a month or two ago about a new binocular VR visor mounted system that cost under US$1,000, worked with track IR and had a resolution of 600 x 800 which the reviewer at the time consider a liability as some forthcoming games would only be available in higher resolutions.

Here's the link

http://www.simhq.com/_technology2/technology_080a.html

But to answer your question as to wether or not the MyVu thing would work with this or BoB - SoW? I don't know.