Cool thanks this is definte on my list.

I

really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really..

hate that show.

Jeez, Waldo. Tell us what you really think... LOL. I'll pick it up for grins. Historical accuracy may be a bit off but it was always a fun show for a bit of mindless entertainment. All the best, LongHorn

LOL...I loved that show when it was on (of course, I was just a kid at the time), and even though it's historically inaccurate, and a good bit cheezy, it's fun for a little warbird action.

Dunno if I'll buy it...but we'll see.

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    Boyington was technical advisor...

According to Robert Conrad (who played Boyington in the series), Boyington walked with him down the 'runway' once while in production, and said "You know, Conrad, I wish you had been with us in the 214"

Conrad said, "Why, thank you sir"

Boyington replied "Thank me, nothing. I'd just have liked to kick your butt. You're an arrogant little
    sumb!tch."

At least, that's what Conrad said

horseback's Avatar Senior Member
    Could never bear to watch it for more than ten minutes- the natural byproduct of knowing too much about the subject (I was in my early twenties when it came out & had read the book). that one will never make it to my shelves...

cheers

horseback

Let me get this right,

Those of you that dont like it, dont like it due to ist unrealstic nature?

But yet you play this game unrealistly! WHo cares if the shows were unrealistic, which ones are?

@ Chuck : nice story about Boyington and Bob Conrad.

Thanks for the news, Hawk. This is one of the TV shows I was hoping would show up on DVD soon too. Combat was also another one, but season 1 and 2 of that show is on DVD already.

This falls under the catagory "DVD`s the world does NOT need!"