Ok after reading through the forms and trying to learn if I have to reinstall or not I just did this...

My original install was of the CD with AAA big pack and version switcher. So I switched to 408 with no mods and then ran the EXE for the patch{409} then installed the skins.
    All with no problem, Game starts and works fine.

Ok so back into the game folder and switch to 408 mod on and the game reverts to just that,,no crashes.[ but no options from 409m]

Then swiched to 409beta mods on, works fine..[ but no options from 409m]

all you have to do is keep your exe for the patch and you can swich around at will without crash, and I have only a modist system and everything runs fine.

In case you were wondering like I was you do not need a clean install.

GoToAway's Avatar Senior Member
    That will let it run, but a bunch of things will be broken.

Apparently they have a new buttons file over at SAS. I haven't bothered with it yet since it seems like a pain to get working and AAA will probably have a patch in short order.

save the 4.09m exe?

ok but then how does that work with the switcher? Do i need a to switch to 4.09b, and then, instead select the 4.09m exe?
    I haven't patched my mods or attempted to mod my patched version yet. I'm waiting to see what comes out of this SAS fix, which sounds like it should be ok.

Bill