There are many threads that talk about the gameplay, the weapons, the armor, the story, blah blah blah but have yet to see one about the characters that make the world of Assassin's Creed 2 alive, mostly the designs.

I for one was amazed with the amount of detail of the architecture but the character designs are really equally as astounding since it is the Italian Renaissance and all.

I'm sure when the first images of Ezio were released, everyone had mixed thoughts like "oh cool" "Too flashy" "Flamboyant" "Awesome" and the such. I liked it and was excited to see the other characters, even the historical ones like Caterina Sforza and Machiavelli. I loved how, despite not having much reference of how Leonardo looked when he was younger, they made his design so awesome and it worked really well.

I know for the artists drawing fanarts and cosplayers out there, myself included, are having a blast (not lol) with drawing/cosplaying Ezio's heavily detailed self, as well as everyone else. I fell in love with Paola's design and am planning on cosplaying her, maybe even Rosa and Teodora too. (Not only for conventions, but for ren fests too, yay!)

So share you thoughts on the colorful artwork/designs of the characters of AC2. What you like/dislike, favs, etc.

I want a fake potbelly so I run around as the hooded Spaniard and accuse people of being 'Uh-Sah-Sins' in a terrible Spanish accent. I even know where to get the Cardinal' outfit, but alas, but I look nothing like him...

I love the Character designs, and I would ramble on if I wasn't so tired XD

However, I really like Leonardo and Machiavelli's designs.

SWJS's Avatar Senior Member
    *spoilers ahead. You have been warned.*

I thought Machiavelli's voice really fit him. I was surprised when he started talking.

I was all "Wow, Machiavelli looks badass, well, let's hear the terrible voice actor."

Then all of a sudden, Machiavelli sounds like a real Italian philosopher.

Needless to say, the characters all impressed me, both design and voice.

The most awesome part ever was watching everyone LOF off the tower after Ezio's initiation.

Though, everytime I heard Leonardo talk I couldn't help but just think of the Damas Rafik.

"Ezio, I quite admire you. Except for your heartbreaking loss and the fact the city guard is after you. But everything else I admire, yes. Other than the horrible things that have happened to you, I admire you."
    "I get the picture Leonardo..."

Antonio also reminded me of an effeminate Robin Hood.

Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
    Though, everytime I heard Leonardo talk I couldn't help but just think of the Damas Rafik.

"Ezio, I quite admire you. Except for your heartbreaking loss and the fact the city guard is after you. But everything else I admire, yes. Other than the horrible things that have happened to you, I admire you."
    "I get the picture Leonardo..."
    Well it is the same voice actor