Big thanks to VBF-83_Hawk who shared this inspiration with me! If you hook two carriers together that are the same class and ship, then they are seemless, and act as a single deck! Now the Corsair and Hellcat can take off from the static carriers in online DF maps!

Yeah, kind of a silly solution, but the other alternative is to have moving carriers in DF maps. I'd prefer that, but I think we'll see the P-47N before we get moving carriers!

Thanks Hawk! ~S~

Welcome but the credit goes to GASDAWG of the 325th server. We have been doing it in there for a month or so now

Also, I dont know if any other carriers are eq this way, but Akagi class carriers have those square "nets" running the length of the flight deck on both sides

They make great ramps!

I can get a Me 262 of an Akagi...25% fuel, landing flaps, run up to 100% throttle, release chocks, and aim for the last "net" on deck side....the plane will jump 50 meters up, giving clearance to tuck up gear and fly away!

I SO want a screenshot of this.

Did they ever fix the landing gear on the TB-3?
    Mine still doesn't retract.

LOL CRASH! That is rich. I made this dogfight server to test, and it works! Hahahahaha.
    The Corsair with a load of 1 X 2000 and 2 X 1000 would take three interconnected carriers with full flaps, full power, and full trim to keep the nose up.

Also, when you sink one of them they'll all sink. Probably if there's a small gap in between them they won't be sunk altogether. I haven't tried that one yet.

I recently flew in a server that had 3 carriers linked together. Works quite well. If you can get past the unrealistic part of it you will find that this is actually a very good idea and a way to deal with not being able to take off with a loadout. Or in 3.03 case hardly at all even with no loadout. BRILLIANT!!

Troll2k's Avatar Senior Member
    Triple the fire power?

Since we are talking unrealistic I read somewhere people were putting a test runway in the water to give the distance needed for takeoff and landing.

We also used it for Betty operations for torpedo runs

ElAurens's Avatar Senior Member
    old news.

I really dislike Arseholes

Old news rediscovered