mmarsh's Avatar Junior Member
    My old Thrustmaster broke again. I need a new HOTAS system primary to play IL-2 and BOB:SOW

I am looking at these

1. CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle/Pro Peddles

2. Logitech G940

3. Saitek X-65F. Force Sensing on a WWII aircraft? Some X-Y bleed issues

4. Thrustmaster. I am not a big fan of TM because while they make a good product its too flimsy. We will see what happens with the Warthog. TM products have always been prone to breaking, I have lost count of the number of TM sticjs that have broke.

I have CH and love it. I expect that will be the overwhelming recommendation here.

Chivas's Avatar Senior Member
    I had or still have a G940, CH, X52, Cougar, and MSFF2. The only ones I wound recommend are the MSFF2, and the Cougar Throttle.

The G940 may turn out to be ok when they release the new 4.09 drivers in the coming weeks.

I have no interest in force sensing technology but I'm very interested in seeing reviews from the Warthog. Unfortunately most reviews are total bullcrap.

G940 all the way, I freekin love this thing, combined with Mikkiowls Il-2 Multi-Throttle program it can't be beat. More buttons and rotaries than you can shake a stick at.

CH is definitely very good. takes a bit of getting used to the big stick and I kind of wish it had more buttons, but it feels very solid and gives a lot more control than my old Logitech 3D Extreme Pro.

I love ch stuff and have their fighterstick, throttle and pedals. all of which I bought second and, all of which were several years old, being gameport models, all of which work flawlessly.
    the most buttons etc may be great but if it doesn't last...

WTE_Ibis's Avatar Senior Member
    I totally recommend CH gear, it just works and keeps on working. Tuff stuff!

Urufu_Shinjiro,

What's the force feedback like m8?
    I'm thinking about getting a second Hotas.
    thanks.
    Ibis.

Chivas's Avatar Senior Member
    The G940's return to center forces and forcefeedback forces have a very large deadzone around the center. This can be a problem when trying to get bullets on target. This causes unnecessary stick stirring to get the kill shot.

Hopefully this will be addressed in the new 5.09 driver due out shortly.

MSFF2 + X45 or X52 Throttle if you are on a budget

CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle/Pro Peddles
    Go for CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle/Pro Peddles
    Then you wont be replacing broken stuff and not playing tech guy on your own hardware but instead spend time flying.

by the way, i told you guys the price of the TM warthog was 312 euro but now TM on its site says 400 euro!
    And we get more info on 19-05-2010

http://www.thrustmaster.com/pr...t.aspx?ProductID=205