vanjast's Avatar Senior Member
    ....making any absurd comments on this forum ..

Probably the only one awake with a glass of wino present, he!

Cheers all
    ZZZZzzzzzzz.....

bunkerratt's Avatar Senior Member
    not really ...i'm ...ahhh..i'm stoned ..

Hold on there! I resemble that remark...

Messervy's Avatar Senior Member

bunkerratt's Avatar Senior Member
    and theres a seed stuck under mykeys..oops

Originally posted by bunkerratt:
    not really ...i'm ...ahhh..i'm stoned ..
    Reminds me of my misspent youth.

When I was living in Houston Texas, back in 1974, I came across some incredibly potent cannibis called Thai Sticks. After I rolled a joint and smoked this stuff (I was practically hallucinating - it was that potent), I walked over to a local pub a couple of blocks from where I lived called Prufrock's Tavern, named after the T.S. Elliot poem, "The love song of J. Alfred Prufrock". Prufrock's was an amazing place: you could play bridge and/or chess and also pick up or be picked up by members of the opposite sex. (For whatever reason, I was the one who typically got picked up...)

On this night, I encountered my chess nemesis: a USCF Master who had always beaten me like a drum in every previous encounter. Once the game began, I didn't see individual moves. Instead I saw positions and vectors - it was very strange. I crushed him the first two games. After the second game we took a break and he kept insisting that he buy me a beer. I finally accepted and drank a beer with him and we played again. Unfortunately, that positional gestalt I used in the first two games to crush him was obliterated by the alcohol. Although I actually got a winning position in the last game, I blundered it away and eventually lost.

Moral of the story - stay away from demon rum.

Incidentally, after that night, I was able to more or less hold my own with the master. So, confidence clearly played a role ...

Originally posted by paulhager:
    Moral of the story - stay away from demon rum.
    Hah.. The Demon RUM and a misspent Youth .
    The one new-years eve, when I was 18 I found myself, and a few friends, totally whacked on RUM. And we ended up in a graveyard - YES a graveyard (F..K knows how) and we couldn't find our way out. This place was BIG, and we walked around for hours. I fell over a gravestones and flat on my face, bleeding away we went. We eventually arrived at a gate which I recognised, as my ex-girlfriend stayed a few m's away.

So at 01:00 Kaleun knocked at the door. The old man answered but let his daughter attend to me. We left a bit later and via an Old-Age home we found our car at about 03:00.

I'd never trade that experience for anything..