Every once in a while someone posts on the quality of the computer-controlled ai being most dificult in the QMB, less so in an "actual" campaign. What's the consensus on this?
    Thanks.

Originally posted by Ed6269:
    Every once in a while someone posts on the quality of the computer-controlled ai being most dificult in the QMB, less so in an "actual" campaign. What's the consensus on this?
    Thanks.
    I always thought that they used the same AI routines throughout the game.

tagTaken2's Avatar Banned
    Originally posted by Ed6269:
    Every once in a while someone posts on the quality of the computer-controlled ai being most dificult in the QMB, less so in an "actual" campaign.
    I knew it!

It's unlikely though. I think what might be being noticed is that the AI in QMB are all "Average", or all "Veteran", whereas in the campaigns there will be a range of skill in a squadron. I think the dynamic ones keep it historically accurate, so in 1941 the Russians are a bunch of noobs.

One thing I found very weird was this:
    I was putting myself into a Bf-110, and set the russians up with 8 IL-2's on the Moscow map in QMB. This was just for doing some gunnery practice, so I chose the Sturmovik without a rear gunner. It is no problem to down all the Il-2's they are flying a very defencive pattern. The next time I did this little excercise, I forgot to choose the Moscow map, so the default pacific map (Okinawa?) was used instead. This time the Il-2's behaved very aggressivly, and shot me down time after time.
    Then I switched map to Moscow, and the Il-2's started to move in defencive manouvers again. So it seems like the AI is dependent of what map that is used.
    I made no other alterations but the map. The AI-pilots were set to 'veteran' if I remember correctly. This is a while ago, before 1946 came out, so it might be another story now..

Skarphol

Mmmm. Thanks a lot all.