My question is, why are some aircraft's canopies open, whilst others aren't? It's something that has bugged me greatly ever since getting PF and subsequently FB/AEP. Only Pacific planes can, however the P-40B/C is able to, which is an Air Force aircraft. I guess there's no point with most aircraft because there was no point to having them open, but it makes for some really great screenshot art possibilities.

There's only one thing cooler than a Kittyhawk, and that's a Kittyhawk with its canopy open.

Its a feature introduced in PF, so all older planes from FB and ACES dont have this feature working. Would probably cost 1C too much time to get all models up to that standard. And its better if they focus on more important matters.
    So, thats the story basically.

Its a feature introduced in PF
    But even then, most of the aircraft don't open canopies.

And its better if they focus on more important matters.
    This is pretty d@mn important!

Would probably cost 1C too much time to get all models up to that standard.
    Don't see how putting an extra lind of coding would cost much.

Originally posted by HotelBushranger:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Its a feature introduced in PF
    But even then, most of the aircraft don't open canopies.

........... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, the only Aircraft that cant open its canopy are the Spitfire MkVIIIs that came new with PF . there werent so much new ones in PF release talking about types ,not variants
    sure and also B25, A20,P-39,Beaufighter not

Is it that important?

But its a lot more work than a few lines. They have to create the animations for the opening, which is a lot of work when you have to do that for some 100/150 planes?

As far as I can see, its a nice touch, looks cool. But is not that much of a revolution that changes the game.. And its nice for the carrierplanes because they also allow you to change the seatposition.

Years back when I switched from CFS2 to FB (Oh happy day!), I spent ages scratching my head trying to figure out how to open the canopies . When I enquired on this forum I was absolutley floored to find that this feature was not included. One guy even gave me a bit of a telling off for even suggesting such a thing .