Gamespot Video Review

I think gamespot did an awesome review... I'm sure that after I play it I will say something close to this.

R0NI_S's Avatar Senior Member
    Let me guess, they said something in the lines of "the game should've been something of its own and it's not true to the Splinter Cell name"? And he also compared the **** out of Conviction with the older games? Amirite?

Originally posted by Yabab_2:
    Let me guess, they said something in the lines of "the game should've been something of its own and it's not true to the Splinter Cell name"? And he also compared the **** out of Conviction with the older games? Amirite?
    Actually, no. They do mention that it's not the same and that it's lacking a lot of basic stealth mechanics, but other than that...

They gave it a really good (and surprisingly fair) review and after playing a bit of everything for five hours this morning, I concur with their review.

And that's saying something, coming from me.
    I hate Gamespot.

I just watched the review and I know I'm right. The reviewer was trying to convince himself the entire time that the game was fun and imaginative when he hates it to begin with. I'm surprised he gave it an 8. The guy loves CT too much. But, oh well! Since this is about to become the den of the dark. It doesn't matter much.

I knew this was happening when they gave God of War 3 a solid 9. I think Gamespot's got something against the 360, from what I've seen any 360 exclusive gets a lower score than the PS3 exclusives.

I just watched the review and I know I'm right. The reviewer was trying to convince himself the entire time that the game was fun and imaginative when the hates it to begin with. I'm surprised he gave it an 8. The guy loves CT too much. But, oh well! Since this is about to become the den of the dark. It doesn't matter much.
    Ah. I never watch their reviews.
    I always get the impression that the reviewer doesn't feel he's getting paid enough.

Again, though. I hate them.
    Reviews based off of fan hype and money.

I was about to post this... Gamespot review is the best one out there. He actually recognizes past SC games and fans of the series...

To me all that needs added to make fans happy is:

Variable movement speeds (this one is HUGE) It is hard to stealth around only being able to go one speed

drag bodies

kinfe/ ko option

stealth gadgets

kalle90's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by TF141Rook:
    I knew this was happening when they gave God of War 3 a solid 9. I think Gamespot's got something against the 360, from what I've seen any 360 exclusive gets a lower score than the PS3 exclusives.
    1 game gets an 8 and another gets a 9 and that's biased? The difference is minimal, both are good scores

Especially when GOW3 builds on the old games and improves (haven't played but most reviews say so) and Conviction gives something new but also removes something old and good

The games needs two things. OCP and Dragging bodies. And it's the same game with improved gameplay. And it's not even that different. If you gun through Realistic you die. It's just like previous games. You have to abide by the rules of engagement or either be too good at it.

The games needs two things. OCP and Dragging bodies. And it's the same game with improved gameplay. And it's not even that different. If you gun through Realistic you die. It's just like previous games. You have to abide by the rules of engagement or either be too good at it.
    What is OCP? And I really need variable movement speeds...