Akronnick's Avatar Senior Member
    So these "dangerous threatening devices" were laying around the city, in conspicous locations, with blinking lights for three whole weeks before the Peoples Republic of Boston saw 99 luftballons on their radar and thought that the end was coming?

Whose chief of police in Boston, Chicken Little?

Whose the mayor, The Boy Who Cried 'Wolf'?

The only people who should feel any repercussions are the idiots who shut down a city because a cartoon character gave them the finger.

The thing is, those officials KNOW they screwed the pooch, and their going after the people who ran this harmless albeit unorthodox marketing campaign, to deflect attention to their (the cities) dereliction of duty.

There was NOTHING harmful, or intentionally disruptive about what they did. The only harm came when the City of Boston acted like it was the end of the world. Also, They did it in nine other Cities, and none of them clamped the lid down.

But I feel so safe now, knowing that no cartoon characters can get away with giving the City of Boston the finger.

At least for more than three weeks.

Originally posted by BaldieJr:
    I have no fsking idea what this thread is about. Its obvious that some sort of media reference is being made but since I don't consume TV I'm at a loss.

The world is screwy.
    This is from the guy with My Name is Earl
    stuff plastered everywhere he goes

I think we could do better by staffing the Dept. of Homeland Security Boston Division with Master Shake clones

My thoughts? How long was it before the first twentysomething staffer/intern at FOXMSNBCABCNBCCNNCBS News division looked up and spat coffee out his nose when he realized that Err was a terror suspect?

BaldieJr's Avatar Senior Member
    I don't know guys. Its a lot like concluding that all flight-sim players are pilots and anyone wearing a Bears jersey is a quarterback.

In all honesty, I watched a bit of discovery channel last Sunday while I was in Chicago. I don't recall when I watched TV before then. Probably sometime in December.

Just a thought, but maybe because the advertising wasn't getting enough attention in the first place, (three weeks and no reactions?), someone decided to up the anty by calling in a "bomb sighting" or something like that to stir the pot. Viola! Millions of dollars worth of free advertising for what, a measly half-million?

Willy

Go to Youtube and watch the two "Perps" press conference.....talk about surreal! they give a talk about 1970's hair styles All these Serious News Folks and Govt. Officials with Egg on their faces!!!!

These guys might get into some serious trouble tho.....Laughing at Authority is a sure fire way to get into hot water

Hey VonKlugerman, you do realize that both your sig and your Avatar could get you in hot water in Bostontown?

I mean a cartoon character about to throw a bomb, we need to shut down the whole internet, you know, just to be "safe"

DuxCorvan's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by p-11.cAce:
    Yeah because we all know real terrorists wear name tags and put bright flashing lights on their bombs
    And cars with "Terrorist Squad" written on the doors. Just watch the movies: time bombs always have a handy digital clock marking the time so you can deactivate them in the last second. Cutting a wire, instead of the other.

Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by p-11.cAce:
    Yeah because we all know real terrorists wear name tags and put bright flashing lights on their bombs
    And cars with "Terrorist Squad" written on the doors. Just watch the movies: time bombs always have a handy digital clock marking the time so you can deactivate them in the last second. Cutting a wire, instead of the other. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So am I supposed to cut the red wire, or the blue wire?

jensenpark's Avatar Senior Member
    Typical over-reaction by a bunch of mindless gov't drones.

Reminds me of when I was living in Newfoundland (Canada's far, far east province/Island) right after 9/11 and all the Anthrax stuff.

They shut down a mall in Cornerbrook (little town on the far side of the island with a population of very little) because some kids ran into a store and dumped white powder.

Yup, terrorists have come to one of the most friggen' remotest parts of ANY western country and decided to get at the infidels by dumping anthrax in a little store in a little nothing mall.

Yup, shut it all down and warn all the media outlets...can never be to sure.

Bunch of morons.

badatit's Avatar Senior Member
    It's mine
    ALL MINE!!!! MUHahahahahahah!!!

Page 4 of 4 ◄◄  First ... 234