himmit's Avatar Junior Member
    My cheap Logitech "Wingman extreme digital 3d" joystick is going to the great waste dump soon, so I'm on the lookout for something better..I currently considering the infamous
    Saitek X45 or the Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner Forcefeedback
    http://europe.thrustmaster.com/produ...hp?p=T62&fam=6

The price difference is small with 98 euro for the Thrustmaster or 105 euro for the x45..

which of those two would you reccomend. I'm partially tempted by the force feeback, but some say it's a must other that it sucks. The X45 recives a lot of praise but some complains about the durability....

and no the cougar is not an option for 350 euro yet

My cheap Logitech "Wingman extreme digital 3d" joystick is going to the great waste dump soon, so I'm on the lookout for something better..I currently considering the infamous
    Saitek X45 or the Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner Forcefeedback
    http://europe.thrustmaster.com/produ...hp?p=T62&fam=6

The price difference is small with 98 euro for the Thrustmaster or 105 euro for the x45..

which of those two would you reccomend. I'm partially tempted by the force feeback, but some say it's a must other that it sucks. The X45 recives a lot of praise but some complains about the durability....

and no the cougar is not an option for 350 euro yet

Have you considered the Micro soft Sidewinder ff2 ?
    i feel its far superior to most of the ff sticks available and ive tried a few

Yes I have considered it, and I can get one for around 50 - 80 euro, if it's still there after new years eve, but I'm looking for a HOTAS package..altough I could get a separate throttlethingt for the ms sw ffb, I becomes a roundabout manner

I have the saitek X-45 and all in all, it is a good stick. The reason to me that it is good is because of the throttle feature. This adds a whole new realm to the game, but the rocker rudder is very hard to get used to. The stick itself IMHO leaves a lot to be desired. The set up and multitudes of buttons are great but, I feel that the stick is too loose. I have exchanged 2 of them and both have a center play in them about 2.5cm to the left or right. To me this is unacceptable for stable flying. I have read posts in these forums where people have nothing but praise for the stick and I am not trying to discount them, but it simply was not true in my case. It could be that my experience was out of the ordinary (which I doubt as there is a 4 page thread in the Saitek forum that addresse the problem with no real solution found)I am not trying to dump on the X45, So take my words as you will, I just thought it may help your decision by hearing from one who has had problems.
    PS I am currently using the X45 throttle with that very same logitech you are getting rid of. (love the twisty rudder) Good luck in your hunt

SCUT FARKUS!!!

SI90's Avatar Junior Member
    I've got a Logitech Wingman Attack 2, ok sort of stick. But it needs a rudder. What stick is best for Il2 FB?

not logitec

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    The X45 will give the most bang for your buck.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> [/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>vflyer@comcast.net[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>99thPursuit Squadron IL2 Forgotten Battles[/list]
    UDQMG | HYPERLOBBY | IL2 Manager | MUDMOVERS

i sugest you try very hard to go find a msffb2.. they are very rapidly becoming hard to get (at least in my area)..the x-45 is ok especaly as a throttle / button bay along with the stick part but i find it near unflyable with the PISS POOR rudder control...i use both the x-45 and the sidewinder ffb combined... if you can get them both together itll only cost about 140 -150 bucks and then youll have a awsome stick/hotas combo..and well worth it .and im poor..im a recent convert to the force feed back club and now feel it is essential to get the most from any of the planes ...........my .02cents

U.S INFANTRY 1984-1991

AJRobson's Avatar Senior Member
    Too bad Saitek doesn't sell just the throttle. I was playing with it a bit today at BestBuy and don't like the feel of the stick at all.

But I do like my Saitek Cyborg 3D Force Stick.