its a must to fix this

clint-ruin's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ugly_Kid:
    additionally, clint, I am sure there is lots of data according to which everything is modeled.Message Edited on 12/12/0304:33PM by Ugly_Kid<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That wasn't a judgemental call on the work you guys are doing in this thread, I think it's good to see the slide rules out again :>

Just that this has already been brought up with Oleg and he's already given the typical short sharp post on it. Probably if you want to get the issue fixed the best bet is to try and track down the data Oleg is probably using and see if it matches what we get in FB. Since Oleg usually doesn't say what that might be, the job is slightly easier on this issue :>

If there is actually original ME data on the BF109F series I wonder why noone here is posting it or making reference to it. Surely it would be a better thing to quote than pilot accounts?

I am completely aware that this topic has been discussed before. I also know of Oleg's answers, this isn't about this or this isn't about that. This is simply about F being now different from before, is this how it was intended?, period. You see it is different from the last one...(again)

Then on the other hand this isn't probably the appropriate place to put up such a question, after all development team is probably only group who does not read this forum.

Isegrim can post two documents he's posted before. A curve showing Bf pull-up. Then the document showing the applicable stick forces when pilot extends himself and pushes with the feet on the pedals. But this isn't about Bf being all wrong, it's about F being a bit funny at altitudes, IMO. Not bad not catastrophic but something to bring up a questionmark, nothing else.

Hanni8's Avatar Junior Member
    Eric Brown states in his test, flying a captured 109 G-6, that elevators become heavy at speeds above 300 mph and can be considered frozen above 400 mph. Don't know how far this would be true for the F series. However the findings for the G correspond very close to the ones with the E-series.
    I think therefore, that all 109s in IL are overmodeled in that respect.

Abbuzze's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hanni8:
    Eric Brown states in his test, flying a captured 109 G-6, that elevators become heavy at speeds above 300 mph and can be considered frozen above 400 mph. Don't know how far this would be true for the F series. However the findings for the G correspond very close to the ones with the E-series.
    I think therefore, that all 109s in IL are overmodeled in that respect.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, 109 got heavy controls at highspeed, but with the correct trimset it was possible to pull out of a 800km/h @ 80â? dive without using the trimset.
    If you dove with the wrong trimset you need to adjust the triming to recover the dive, but then the plane reacts so violant (the trimming of the 109 was very good!) that you have to push the stick foreward, to be not blacked out by the geforces... beside, both flightpaths.. with use of trimming and without, are very similar, so even with the "concrete" stickforces the pilot could pull so hard that he got close to a blackout!!! So even the with the heavy stickforces in the 109- the Pilot seems to be be the limiting factor !

JG53 PikAs Abbuzze
    I./Gruppe

http://www.jg53-pikas.de/

A good article concerning 109 heavy elevators-myth

http://www.virtualpilots.fi/hist/109myths/

-- Vipez

How I understand it is that the cramped cockpit of the 109 gave way to this very difficult stick at high speeds.BUT here is the clincher,it was only for banking since the pilots arms were locked close to his sides.Now you need to remember that a 109 pilot was almost laying down in the cockpit.Wouldnt this allow the pilot to exert alot more pressure than if he was sitting more upright?I figure being able to pull with the legs will help out tremebndosuly.I think Oleg needs to look into this fact more and not just lump all stick force together.Certain planes allowed more pull in different directions than others