Any idea on what the tracers will be for the Fokker D XXI? I actually the green Russian tracers would suit it more...

Kuna15's Avatar Senior Member
    I presume yellow/red. Maybe we will get version fitted with oerlikon cannons (20mm) underwing (Finnish AF used it in Winter War against VVS), although they weren't produced in serial with these cannons and there was only few of these aircraft (I know serial of one of them but I must check out that). Color of those tracers (20mm)... I don't know maybe white/yellow?

Hmmm rightio thanks....but I'm pretty sure the 20mm version will be AI only

http://www.xs4all.nl/~fbonne/warbird.../fokkdxxi.html

Fokker D.XXI-1
    First production aircraft, delivered to Denmark. They were powered by 1 Ó” Mercury VIS radial, armmed with 2 Ó” 0.312 in (7,92 mm) guns in the fuselage and 2 Ó” 20 mm Madsen cannon in large underwing gondolas faired into the undersurface of the wing just outboard of the main landing gear units. Length was 23 ft 7.5 in (7,20 m), empty weight was 2,701 lb (1.225 kg), max take-off weight was 3,858 lb (1.750 kg), max level speed was 245.5 mph (395 km/h) at optimum altitude, cruising speed was 207 mph (333 km/h) at optimum altitude, range was 559 miles (900 km), and service ceiling was 29,530 ft (9.000 m)
    Number built: 2

True it seems that only 'serial' produced Fokker that is fitted with 20mm was in fact Danish.
    Nevertheless, Finns used D.XXI equipped with similar cannons s/n FR.26. On 29 Jan 1940 2ndLt. Olli Puhakka shot down an 43.DBaP DB-3M and he used only 18 rounds from Oerlikon cannons.

Unfortunately I was wrong and it seems that this is in fact the only Finnish Fokker equipped with these cannons. And those were removed from FR.26 soon after that event, machine guns were fitted instead.

About tracers, considering that the guns on D.XXI-2 are Browning (unfortunately on site with link above color of tracer isn't mentioned) I presume tracers will be same as .303 Browning MGs in game.

Darn. I dun like those tracers Only fit for Glads

russ.nl's Avatar Senior Member
    maybe we'll get them all!!! I hope

@ russ.nl really nice profiles of D.21 .

edit

I reckon! Thanks for that russ

The bottom one is my fave

By the way, check out the newest painting from finnish artist, Sture Gripenberg

http://personal.eunet.fi/pp/gdes/

Outstanding drawings thanks LeLv44_Mangrove for sharing .