hiya, i finally got my copy of IL2 1946 put it in my pc.....nothing

i go to control panel and rightclick...nothing does this game work on vista or not?

thanks

seb

fabianfred's Avatar Senior Member
    It will have installed in a folder in program files...(I presume...I only use XP)
    ..But the game need to write to itself to work....

So, move the entire Ubisoft folder out of program files into a new folder in your C drive....or any other drive

call it games if you want...then open the il2 folder and find the il2.exe and make a shortcut to it in the desktop

ought to work OK then

i have tried that link but i cant follow it after step 2, i put disc in drive but theres nothin i can right click, the only option are run veiw files and cancel, i cant right click any of them

edit: i followed most of it and when i double click on the shortcut nothing happens, will try uninstall/reinstall.............wish me luck :P

2nd edit: i dont have a 'A.exe' file but i do have an 'a' file, are these the same thing?

i think so.

i used "a.exe" to install.

good luck!

well i have tried all morning, got lateset firmware for my disc drive but still nothing, its a shame cause i was really looking forward to playing this

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Its not labeled 'a.exe' because Windows is trying to be user friendly by hiding filename extensions so it appears only as 'a'.

A is the actual installation process. Install just gets it rolling.

I don't actually understand what the problem is. Insert disc, browse disc, set compatibility, run application. Vista is not the problem...it makes things a bit more complicated for older games yes...but it works just fine on Vista.

'Insert disc, browse disc, set compatibility, run application' iv done that, 3 times still nothing the game starts to work then just dies

but thanks for clearing up the a/a.exe thing

ImMoreBetter's Avatar Senior Member
    Can you computer read DVDs?

I had that problem, and still do. The drivers for my DVD drive are constantly failing.

yup its brand new, got a lightscribe DVD/RW drive