Here's a question that others may have-

Say I generate an RAF Dgen campaign for NW Europe. Now if I go into the conf and status files and change SPITFIRE9ECLP to the code for the new tempest will I then be able to play the campaign flying the Tempest? Also what is the code for the Tempest? Thanks.

I love the patch by the way.

should be TEMPEST5, but not 100% sure. it should work...in fact I'll try it now...

Yes I wanted to do the exact same thing as that Spit Campaign was MADE for Tempests plz let us know if it works and the appropriate steps

bird_brain's Avatar Senior Member
    Look at the Paintschemes/Skins folder and try entering it as it is listed there in your planesGBF.dat folder under DGen (TempestMkV).

If that doesn't work, it may be Tempest5, TempestMK5, or some other variation.

You should then have it as an option to select in any existing GB(RAF) DGen campaign in the drop down list under each section of the campaign that you added it to.

TEMPEST5 caused Il2 to freeze up and Dgen to lag the system...I'll try something else...I don't have the RAF dgen for some reason...so I tried it on another campaign with bad results...

Yes I had same results and I have the NWE DGEN installed. TEMPEST5 is the right name I tryed just adding it to the plane list tho I also tryed removing one of the Spits with same results

I also use lowengrin's DCG, clicking flyable in the DCG menu for the tempest actually worked, but nothing on DGEN has...

Okay, I don't think DGEN will work with the new planes until a new version .exe is available. oh well.

mortoma's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by shinden1974:
    Okay, I don't think DGEN will work with the new planes until a new version .exe is available. oh well.
    Exactly, I posted on the same subject over in the PF forum. The Dgen program will have to be updated by it's author and then downloaded seperately. Kind of sux a bit.

Yeah as I stated in my first post, when I started that NWE campaign in the Spitfire is just screamed out Tempest Missions!(we now have the right plane for the job)